PDA

View Full Version : Stabilizer or Fasst Flex bars

SteveWR450F
09-14-2006, 10:20 PM
Girlfriend has 04 TRX 400. We ride tight rocky/rooty(sp?) NW forest trails. For christmas, I was thinking of getting her a Scotts steering stablizier or the Fasst Flex bars. I would appreciate any opinions on either.

I ride a WR450 with a Scotts stablizer. With the bike I can swerve around obstacles and the few ones I hit, I have really grown to appreciate the stablizer. We have a lot of rocks where we ride.

Lately, I have been seening more pro bike and quad riders using the Fasst Flex bars. Basically, each side works independently and absorbs impact.

On her quad she cant swerve as much because we ride tight narrow trails. I am wondering which she would like better.

Appreciate your thoughts,

Thanks.

pual0101
09-15-2006, 08:43 AM
both would be a great help, it just depends on which one you think she needs more, if the bars are constantly getting jerke dout of her hands then the stabilizer, if her arms are just getting jarred and tired the the bars, i knwo its gonna be a nice gift either way :D

Colby@C&DRacing
09-15-2006, 08:44 AM
That is a hard decision, be a super nice guy and get both :blah:

I would have to say get the stabilizer 1st even though I like the flexxbars alot, most women need help with the bumpsteer or hitting the rocks or trees and the bars flying out of their hands and jamming their wrists. Hopefully soon after the dampner she can get the bars and have the best of both worlds.

krt400ex
09-15-2006, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by Colby@C&DRacing
That is a hard decision, be a super nice guy and get both :blah:

I would have to say get the stabilizer 1st even though I like the flexxbars alot, most women need help with the bumpsteer or hitting the rocks or trees and the bars flying out of their hands and jamming their wrists. Hopefully soon after the dampner she can get the bars and have the best of both worlds.

i agree, but have u thought about the presision steering stabilizer?? most of the pros use them and they get great reviews from the magazines

SteveWR450F
09-15-2006, 09:12 PM
I definately will check out that other stabilizer. It makes sense to me - go with the stabilizer first. I really like mine.

Thanks for your time

Steve

exracer416
09-16-2006, 03:22 PM
well youre covering 2 dofferent things here shock absorbtion (if thats even a word) with the handlebars and bump steer with the damper. ytou lessen either one and you feel better at the end of the ride. I personally think you'll benefit better from a damper, the shocks control the main up and down movement but right now nothings controlling the side to side, thus making it harder to ride in the long run. i think she'll thank you in the long run if you buy the damper first, then the bars. just my 2 cents:)

SteveWR450F
09-16-2006, 08:17 PM
Appreciate the input and agree. This is the first time I have used this forum and really like it. I usually hang around thumper talk but learned from some of those folks that this is the best site for ATV info.

Steve

Colby@C&DRacing
09-18-2006, 09:56 AM
I haven't really ridden with a scotts dampner but I do like my precision dampner and I know my wife loves hers