PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: The Best of Cochranton

EXtreme-
10-14-2001, 01:21 PM
If you've been to any of the Cochranton poker runs, I need your pictures! I'm looking for pics from different years of trail shots, camping shots, group shots, exhibits...etc. We're (PaAtving) doing a major article on "The Worlds Largest Poker Run" and would like to insert several pics of ATV enthusiasts from all over the USA that made the trek to Pennsylvania.

Please send jpegs to extreme@paatving.com and send as many as you like...file size is unlimited. Regular "Kodak" pictures can sent thru US mail (please email for details).

Tommy 17
10-14-2001, 06:03 PM
Well i don't got a pic but i been there 2 years and i all i can say is one crazy night and one crazy day of riding its all nutz and dangerous to be there dirtwheels only tells u the good side not the bad about guns gettin shot into the air, drunk people that will beat the **** out of u if u don't have the same brand of quad as them. i am never goin back to dangerous. o and for all the kids that go up there drinking underage look the hell out they got smokey the bears under cover (state cops). they picked up my friend last year and made his parents drive 3 hours to come get him and he lost his liscense for 3 months.

FatBoy Redrider
10-18-2001, 04:57 PM
I have got some pics that I will scan and send on. We are in the dirtwheels mag pictures next to the big ryder truck. Cochranton is a great time. I wish you guys could do it more than one time a year.

MOFO
10-19-2001, 05:00 AM
Yep, Cochranton is a BLAST! Knighttime and I will hopefully get a nice sized group going next year....I cant wait!!! :)

Eric

knighttime
10-19-2001, 07:14 AM
Yeah, Cochranton was a blast, and next year will kick-***. I really wish I would have brought a disposable camera to it last year. I saw about 10-15 quads completely buried. On some you could only see the handlebars. Some of them were 4 x 4's. But, dont let it discourage you from going. Its normally not that muddy and it's a fun time.

kc 300EX
10-19-2001, 01:30 PM
No one happens to know the date of next years run do they?

knighttime
10-19-2001, 01:40 PM
I believe its always the first weekend in April. I'll look into it.

10-19-2001, 04:10 PM
I might have a few or a lot, depending on how much money I get for them!!!!:D

EXtreme-
10-19-2001, 09:11 PM
I hate to disappoint you all, but the 2002 event has been permanently postponed till 2003. This is part of why I'm looking for pix. A full page article will soon appear on PaAtving about the whole deal. I can't go into detail now, and won't (so don't ask). We are the only site carrying info on the event. Send your pix and be patient.

FatBoy Redrider
10-20-2001, 07:46 AM
I hope this is a sick joke, but I fear it is not. After seeing the permit book last year, I figured it was only a matter of time before the EPA and other forces stepped in and created problems. I'm assuming those are the issues. When will the article be published and what magazine?

knighttime
10-21-2001, 07:53 AM
Yeah, the Cochranton run is postponed until 2003. I talked to one of the head organizers and he said that the trails have to be marked better, etc. So, oh well, we'll have wait until 2003.:mad:

EXtreme-
10-21-2001, 08:19 PM
Knight,
yea, that's one small item on the list, but nothing compared to what's being faced as a whole. They've got alot of work to accomplish for the next event and there's just not enough time on the clock to do it. Like I said, we are going to post a full page article (maybe several pages if I get more pix) of details, dates, what to expect, etc. No, it's not some sick joke :( I've been working with Cochranton's top brass. PaAtving will be the one and only caretaker of the event....since other bridges have been burnt by another .com's. Keep a sharp eye out for further details on the Pa site.

I've spoken too much already :eek: No rumors have begun yet...lol. I'm sure it won't take long.

Steve Small
Editor: PaAtving.com

MOFO
08-05-2004, 07:50 PM
Ok, anyone from PA got updates on this??? It kinda went away with no updates...

red2004 TRX450R
08-09-2004, 10:50 AM
dont think it ran this year or last.

I went up on the Shee a cuple years back and over heated trying to start out. so I flew down the road to cool down and all most got in a fight with some as hole about getting back in line.

but it is a real good ride !!! but ther is a lot of people

MOFO
08-10-2004, 04:04 AM
Yep, I was there the last year it ran. I have never ridden in more mud in my life! Everyone that was liquid cooled was overheating that day... not enough speed and too much mud in the radiator.