PDA

View Full Version : 200cc-300cc Youth Class added to GNCC's!

Pappy
09-14-2006, 04:49 PM
Racer Productions has agreed to run a new class starting at the Powerline and Ironman GNCC races! The new class will be for 13-15 year old racers on 200cc 2 strokes, or 300cc 4 strokes (CC limits) and will run during the AM race for 2 hours.

Thanks RP!

swampfoxsc
09-14-2006, 06:52 PM
That's great news!:)

Sjorge450R
09-14-2006, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
Racer Productions has agreed to run a new class starting at the Powerline and Ironman GNCC races! The new class will be for 13-15 year old racers on 200cc 2 strokes, or 300cc 4 strokes (CC limits) and will run during the AM race for 2 hours.

Thanks RP!

nice. HOw do they work their ages. Is it what you are the day of the race, or your age on January 1st?

Pappy
09-14-2006, 07:20 PM
You can run it steve

Dan229
09-14-2006, 07:22 PM
Pappy, do you know if it will be a rotated class?

When will RP put this info on the GNCC site with all the details?

Sjorge450R
09-14-2006, 07:22 PM
You can run it steve

Even tho Im 16 now, cause I was 15 when the year started?

Pappy
09-14-2006, 07:27 PM
Its on thier site now

Steve, I would email them to clarify if you are eligable. Id like to see you in the sport class in the afternoon, I think you would do very well!!!

Dan229
09-14-2006, 07:32 PM
Maybe I just do not know what I am looking for...

Here are the rules in regard to age Divisions:

A Youth Bike rider's age on January 1 will determine his age for the year. All other age divisions will be determined as of the date of the event.

Also, the Sport Class is in the AM not the PM.

Pappy
09-14-2006, 07:38 PM
Your correct dan, last year i think it was in the afternoon.

Steve, it will be best to email them and verify it. Being this will be a test, I am sure they will be bending rules to make sure everything goes smooth.

dan, towards the bottom of this page

http://www.gnccracing.com/QuickFill/091406_QuickFill35.htm

Dan229
09-14-2006, 07:48 PM
Thanks Pappy...thought I was loosing my mind there for a few b/c I just could not find that info...

I agree with Pappy Steve, just show up race it! It does not matter this year as far as points, etc... so the more that show up the better!

I just hope the folks in the other AM classes learn how to play a little better if they do let the kids race full time...the AM race can be pretty aggressive (too aggressive in my book) in regard to bumping, pushing, and even causing someone to crash in the open sections.

Pappy
09-14-2006, 07:52 PM
If the do decide on making this a class for next season, Id love to see the womans class moved to the afternoon

Dan229
09-14-2006, 08:12 PM
If the do decide on making this a class for next season, Id love to see the womans class moved to the afternoon

You and me both!!!

exman
09-14-2006, 09:14 PM
I don't think they need to worry about the 13-15 year olds being able to hang tuff in this class,,ther are some 14 year olds there that can hang tuff,,,and some of those bigger bike riders just may want to watch out hahahah,,,just remebr us older people work and family and such,,,13-15 year old,,,,mm lets se go to school and ride, schoola and girls,,,ride and girls,,,so they are getting some ride time for sure...well see though....OH may be old news but the 300ex LIVES for 07

Pappy
09-15-2006, 04:16 AM
Originally posted by exman
I don't think they need to worry about the 13-15 year olds being able to hang tuff in this class,,ther are some 14 year olds there that can hang tuff,,,and some of those bigger bike riders just may want to watch out hahahah,,,just remebr us older people work and family and such,,,13-15 year old,,,,mm lets se go to school and ride, schoola and girls,,,ride and girls,,,so they are getting some ride time for sure...well see though....OH may be old news but the 300ex LIVES for 07

This could be where the new Suzuki reigns supreme:chinese:

Dan229
09-15-2006, 06:35 AM
Pappy, you know something about a new 250 Zuk coming out???? I wish Honda, Yam, Kawi, or Zuki would make a new full race 250...

bradley300
09-15-2006, 07:48 AM
Originally posted by Dan229

I just hope the folks in the other AM classes learn how to play a little better if they do let the kids race full time...the AM race can be pretty aggressive (too aggressive in my book) in regard to bumping, pushing, and even causing someone to crash in the open sections.

have you ever raced in the afternoon? i always had until this year, i found the morning racers to be quite polite. ive had more than a few grab bars and exhaust tips ruined from afternoon racers.

steve, just show up, if they dont let you race youth, your old enough to race spoprt in the same race

Dan229
09-15-2006, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by bradley300
have you ever raced in the afternoon? i always had until this year, i found the morning racers to be quite polite. ive had more than a few grab bars and exhaust tips ruined from afternoon racers.

steve, just show up, if they dont let you race youth, your old enough to race spoprt in the same race

No, and I have no plans to either and I agree, the AM racers are usually pretty friendly but it is not a girl scout convention either and I doubt you get beat up as much in the AM because you came from the PM and move out of the way ASAP. You let someone joy ride down the trail and refuse to move when another rider is breathing fire down their neck and watch what happens to them...

swampfoxsc
09-15-2006, 08:39 AM
Yep, those Utility racers don't wait behind you long before they move you out of the way do they Dan?:eek2:

Dan229
09-15-2006, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by swampfoxsc
Yep, those Utility racers don't wait behind you long before they move you out of the way do they Dan?:eek2:

NO they do not and they do not care if they move you or run over the top of you and your ATV.