PDA

View Full Version : air/fuel adjustment knob

tltcracing
09-14-2006, 03:30 PM
i want to buy one of the quick adjust air/fuel knobs but cant seem to find one for a stock 05 carb. will an older model CRF one fit it? im almost positive i have herd that one of them will i just cant remember what one.

dead eye 00
09-14-2006, 04:02 PM
I read over at the ORG that someone was using one. The only thing is if your at for example two turns out on your stock screw it won't be the same on the fcr screw. Remember this is second hand info.

tltcracing
09-14-2006, 06:33 PM
im sorry if i wasnt clear. i dont need seting tips, i need to know about matching carbs. basicly what CRF carb is the same as the 05 TRX one. i want one of the MSR stly quick adjustment knobs. the ones that stick out lower so you can adjust it with your fingers. i cant find a 05 TRX one and need to know what CRF one fits it.

GPracer2500
09-14-2006, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by tltcracing
im sorry if i wasnt clear. i dont need seting tips, i need to know about matching carbs. basicly what CRF carb is the same as the 05 TRX one. i want one of the MSR stly quick adjustment knobs. the ones that stick out lower so you can adjust it with your fingers. i cant find a 05 TRX one and need to know what CRF one fits it.

The 04/05 TRX carb is completely different then any CRF carb (or the 06+ TRX carb). Most aftermarket screws are for FCRs only (that's the type of carb found on all CRFs and the 06+ TRX).

Try Kouba (http://www.koubalink.com/fuelscrew.html). They may have one that will work.

DirtDevilBT
09-14-2006, 08:26 PM
woodward specialties

over at www.trx450r.org

It's for the 42mm, I have one and it works great. Also, and I'm trying to remember the name, but there is another company out there that makes these out of brass or whatever jets are made out of. The woodward one is billet aluminum.

dead eye 00
09-14-2006, 09:25 PM
Sorry I was not clear either. I was saying that someone was using an fcr screw in their stock 04-05 carb with no problems.
The only thing that was different was the settings.

tltcracing
09-14-2006, 09:51 PM
ok ok. thanks for the replys. ill check what you gave me GP.

cals400ex
09-14-2006, 11:50 PM
i am thinking that the FCR ones will not work. i would get with paul over at woodward as well if it was me. i have bought several things from him in the past.