View Full Version : "Dog" Chapman Arrested, Faces Extradition

catfishing
09-14-2006, 12:55 PM
"Dog" Chapman Arrested, Faces Extradition
Posted Sep 14th 2006 2:38PM by TMZ Staff
Filed under: Celebrity Justice, TV

MSNBC's Rita Cosby is reporting that Duane Dog Chapman, star of the A&E reality series "Dog the Bounty Hunter," and two members of his bounty hunting team (including his son) were arrested by U.S. officials today for extradition to Mexico. Cosby is reporting that Mexican government officials wanted the three men sent back there in relation to a three-year-old case.

In 2003, Chapman traveled to Puerto Vallarta, Mexico to retrieve Max Factor cosmetics heir Andrew Luster, who was wanted in the U.S. on rape charges. Luster is now in jail, serving a 124-year term. The Chapmans were jailed in Mexico for a brief time for the incident three years ago. Bounty hunting is considered a crime in Mexico.

Dog's wife, Beth Chapman, said 12 armed marshals "came through the door" at 6:00AM this morning. She said they took their daughter's boyfriend down at gunpoint. Dog was sleeping at the time.

TMZ spoke with Nicky Credic from the U.S. Marshals Office. She said, "The arrest warrant was signed by a U.S. magistrate in Hawaii on September 13. The warrant was based on a formal request based on a diplomatic note from the government of Mexico."

What is wrong with the US Government ? They caught a man that they couldnt catch and the Mexican government was not going to help catch and send him back to the US. He was wanted for mutiple accounts of rape. He is serving 124yrs for his crimes now.
3yrs later the Mexico orders the US to arrest the Dog and his family for kidnapping. The US Needed to tell Mexico that the needed to come get their citizens that crossed the border illegal.If we turn that man and his family over to Mexico we need to also open the border and let Mexico have the US .Hell our Government is bowing down to them for everything !!!!!

Also a video about it here http://www.msnbc.msn.com/

HB416EX
09-14-2006, 01:31 PM
That sucks.I always watch his show and he seems like a good guy.Even if he doesn't get time it is going to cost him money.This is BS!!!

tim colston
09-14-2006, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by HB416EX
That sucks.I always watch his show and he seems like a good guy.Even if he doesn't get time it is going to cost him money.This is BS!!!

100% agree

juanki
09-14-2006, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by booterskuggs
they arrest a man for bringing a man to justice. This outrages me!!!

first of all you got to have all the info. he was charged for illegal stopping of a person or kidnaping, it doesnt matter that the guy was wantted in the US, its illegal to private somebody from their rigths if not have a warrant or something, this guy didnt. so he was arrested for that. then he posted bail and was to see the judge for a hearing, and he didnt show, so he is violating the law. i assume if that happens in the us, the same process hapenss.

catfishing
09-14-2006, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by juanki
first of all you got to have all the info. he was charged for illegal stopping of a person or kidnaping, it doesnt matter that the guy was wantted in the US, its illegal to private somebody from their rigths if not have a warrant or something, this guy didnt. so he was arrested for that. then he posted bail and was to see the judge for a hearing, and he didnt show, so he is violating the law. i assume if that happens in the us, the same process hapenss.

Oh I am sure if the US asked Mexico to arrest someone and extradite them back to the US it would happen. LOL .
Well I guess the you US should return Luster to Mexico. Its like the US recieved stolen goods. LOL. The guy was wanted for multiple rapes. (what if it was your daughter he raped?) I dont care where you run,if your a criminal you should be arrested no matter where you are. Mexico officials are so corrupted, the US should never deal with them. Most of the officials over there steal, rape, and kill so they think it is normal for people to do this.

AtvMxRider
09-14-2006, 07:42 PM
I volunteer to take care of Beth while he is away:devil:

quadracer12
09-14-2006, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by AtvMxRider
I volunteer to take care of Beth while he is away:devil:

she scares me!

juanki
09-14-2006, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by catfishing
Oh I am sure if the US asked Mexico to arrest someone and extradite them back to the US it would happen. LOL .
Well I guess the you US should return Luster to Mexico. Its like the US recieved stolen goods. LOL. The guy was wanted for multiple rapes. (what if it was your daughter he raped?) I dont care where you run,if your a criminal you should be arrested no matter where you are. Mexico officials are so corrupted, the US should never deal with them. Most of the officials over there steal, rape, and kill so they think it is normal for people to do this.

for the first sencence.... yes it would happen, it has happened before, its how things work.

as fot the guy that chapman arrested, its good tha t he is in jail now, i read what he did in thath good that he is in the can.

whay i'm arguing its the means of his arrest. kidnaping its ilegal, and bounty hunting its ilegal in most of the states in the US, in az is legal and some other states. so in mexico.

as for the officials here in mexico, yes some are corrupted and some other arent, as for saying that all rape and kill i think its out of line.

SGA
09-14-2006, 09:23 PM
OK OK everyone chill

HB416EX
09-14-2006, 09:23 PM
learn to read, you m***n, i live in mexico. and yes i love mexico.

FYI... i have lived in the US, legaly, and i like it alot.

Learn to spell.

I could careless where you live.Dog doesn't deserve to be in jail for catching a guy who drugged girls and RAPED them.

juanki
09-14-2006, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by HB416EX
Learn to spell.

I could careless where you live.Dog doesn't deserve to be in jail for catching a guy who drugged girls and RAPED them.

i know what you mean and i agree, but there are legal forms to make an arrest, what he did was ilegal. dont know if in the US you can just come up to a person and put handcuffs and take him someplace, if you are not a cop of some kind?

HB416EX
09-14-2006, 09:39 PM
i know what you mean and i agree, but there are legal forms to make an arrest, what he did was ilegal. dont know if in the US you can just come up to a person and put handcuffs and take him someplace, if you are not a cop of some kind?

Yeah sorry.

What Dog does is called a bounty hunter.Guy gets arrested.Dog puts up the cash to get him out and promises the guy will show up to court.If guy doesn't show up Dog has X amount of days to catch him and bring him to court.If he doesn't catch guy he loses his cash which is always atleast 5,000 up to 100,000+

There was a reward for the guy he caught.I think he probably thought Mexico wouldn't arrest him,which they shouldn't have.

Just another waste of tax dollars and resources.What about terrorism I guess catching a guy who caught a rapist that fled our country is more important.Makes me sick.

quadracer12
09-14-2006, 10:19 PM
Yes dog is a bounty hunter and done his job. but you have to obey the laws in the country or state you are in. just because hes a american doesnt mean he can break mexican laws.

Luster was the heir to Max factor cosmetics and was a millionair. they should have kept a closer eye on him here in the states and not let him flea.

wilkin250r
09-15-2006, 05:27 AM
Does it really matter that Luster was a rapist? Not really.

Dog is immersed in the legal system up to his eyeballs, he knew fully well the risks he took. The U.S. grants him legal power to detain people because those people sign a legal agreement through the bailbond company. But those powers are granted by the UNITED STATES only. They don't hold up in other countries.

Any ordinary law officer in the U.S. cannot go into Mexico and start arresting people. It's out of his jurisdiction. Why does Dog think he's any different?

If you don't have the legal power to go arrest someone, and you do it anyways, it's called kidnapping, and it's a rather serious crime.

trick250r
09-15-2006, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by wilkin250r
Does it really matter that Luster was a rapist? Not really.

Dog is immersed in the legal system up to his eyeballs, he knew fully well the risks he took. The U.S. grants him legal power to detain people because those people sign a legal agreement through the bailbond company. But those powers are granted by the UNITED STATES only. They don't hold up in other countries.

Any ordinary law officer in the U.S. cannot go into Mexico and start arresting people. It's out of his jurisdiction. Why does Dog think he's any different?

If you don't have the legal power to go arrest someone, and you do it anyways, it's called kidnapping, and it's a rather serious crime.

i think the US should send mexico all of the illegal immigrants that we can find... if mexico wants to crack down on something this petty, then we should crack down on one of our biggest problems.

tim colston
09-15-2006, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by trick250r
i think the US should send mexico all of the illegal immigrants that we can find... if mexico wants to crack down on something this petty, then we should crack down on one of our biggest problems.

AMEN

quadracer12
09-15-2006, 08:51 AM
Petty? I don't think kiddnapping is petty.

tim colston
09-15-2006, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by quadracer12
Petty? I don't think kiddnapping is petty.

It is petty, it is a technicality, this guy is the heir to Max Factor (makeup). If you have enough money you can get things done for you that otherwise wouldn't be. I will chip in for anyones bail that just apprehends a rapist. Dog should have beat him within an inch of his life. Keep in mind he kidnapped, and I use that term loosely, an obvious criminal that ran from the US and mexico harbored him. I am sure that he wasn;t living in hiding, he was found in one of the most popular vacation spots in the world. Mexico uses the kidnapped word because there is nothing else to classify it as. I am not starting anything quadracer12 but how can you have the least bid of compation for this scumbag? This is the time americans need to stand together on this. It is like someone doing something god awful to one of your family members, fleeing the country and you going after him to bring him to justice.

redrocker
09-15-2006, 09:49 AM
That Luster guy lived here in Santa Barbara
and I'm glad Dog got him off the streets
I used to see that guy in bars downtown
and if I would have known what he was up
to he wouldn't have made it to mexico
THANK YOU DOG for getting that low life
off the streets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

quadracer12
09-15-2006, 09:50 AM
WOOO hold on im not showing compasoin for luster. they should have never let him out. Im just saying Dog broke the law. He knew what the law was before going to do it. There was so much money involved he didn't care. I just see how it was unlawfull to do it the way it was done

juanki
09-15-2006, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by tim colston
mexico harbored him. Mexico uses the kidnapped word because there is nothing else to classify it as.

i just read this... luster had only three days in mexico when he was cougth... dont know how he got there. he was here as an ilegal inmigrant and the migration department then deported him. dont know if the fbi had told the pgr about him.

biker
09-15-2006, 11:37 AM
was here as an ilegal inmigrant and the migration department then deported him

The same damn thing we as americans should be doing to all the low life illegals in this country

rooster300ex
09-15-2006, 11:52 AM
Yea that just isn't right. BS

catfishing
09-15-2006, 05:26 PM
http://video.msn.com/v/us/msnbc.htm?g=8687a3af-3380-40e1-9336-44e7a495361e&f=00&fg=email

ak_stick
09-15-2006, 06:05 PM
He traveled to mexico and broke the law while there.

No matter how good his intentions were, you do the crime, you pay the time.

Send him.

440racer66
09-15-2006, 07:32 PM
free dog

DieselBoy
09-15-2006, 08:23 PM
damn that sucks....is he going to be released?

catfishing
09-16-2006, 08:30 AM
DOG OUT ON BOND

By JAYMES SONG - Associated Press Writer

HONOLULU(AP) TV reality star Duane "Dog" Chapman and two co-stars accused of illegal detention and conspiracy in the bounty hunters' capture of a cosmetics company heir in Mexico posted bail and were released Friday.

Chapman was released on $300,000 bail after spending the night in a federal detention center and his co-stars on the popular A&E show "Dog The Bounty Hunter" were freed on $100,000 bail each.

Chapman, his son, Leland Chapman, and associate Timothy Chapman, no relation, were arrested Thursday on charges stemming from the capture of Max Factor heir Andrew Luster on June 18, 2003, in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico, officials said.

Chapman's capture of Luster, who had fled the country during his trial on charges he raped three women, catapulted the 53-year-old bounty hunter to fame and led to the reality series on A&E. Luster is now serving a 124-year prison term.

Bounty hunting is considered a crime in Mexico, and charges have been pending against the three since local police in Mexico arrested them shortly after they roped in Luster. They posted bail but never returned for their court hearing in July 2003, officials said.

Chapman made the sign of the cross and mouthed "I love you" to his wife, who was sitting in the front row of the crowded courtroom.

The men are now required to wear electronic monitoring devices until they return to court for extradition hearings to face trial in Mexico. The judge said they were not flight risks.

Chapman and his tattooed crew were ordered to surrender their passports, to stay in Hawaii and not possess any firearms.

Defense attorney Brook Hart, who successfully argued during the 1-hour, 10-minute hearing that his clients have no reason to be locked up, called the devices "overkill" but did not object to their use.

mstrav1
09-16-2006, 09:53 AM
I think we should force Mexico to pay us for all their illegals use of our health, school, welfare and subsidizing programs that their people that are here illegally are using. We should send them a bill every month! How many $100's of million would that be?

When I built a fence on the side of my house, my neighbor paid for half. No questions asked!!! Will mexico pay for half of the fence we are going to build to keep them in their side of the yard? I guess they will prob. jusy provide us with some cheap labor!!!!!

wilkin250r
09-16-2006, 05:50 PM
What does illegal immigration have to do with Dog Chapman committing a crime of kidnapping?

AtvMxRider
09-16-2006, 05:58 PM
What does illegal immigration have to do with Dog Chapman committing a crime of kidnapping?

LMAO I have been wondering the same thing:huh

mstrav1
09-17-2006, 01:18 AM
sorry atvmx and wilkin I was wrong......

not, go live over there if you want to defend them you sorry trader!!!! They harber criminals and force their people to live in poverty. Just like half the mideast countries that only care about the elite!!!! *******s like you guys would **** yourself if (and pos. when) this **** starts to go down!!!! We wont be sitting on our computers arguing, we will be in the streets fighting for our lives, yes it will happen!!!! A country thats our allie can't control and provide for their people so we should? When a murderer jumps the fence we can't have him back and protect everyone else? they harbor criminals!!! They are just like Iran, syria, lebinon, argentina, north korea and so on!!!

400exmom
09-17-2006, 04:21 AM
Originally posted by AtvMxRider
I volunteer to take care of Beth while he is away:devil: that lady has some FAT t1ts:eek2: i saw this show for the 1st time last night~ talk about a group of powerhappy folks sheeeesh... but ya im all for any dirtbag being taken off the street! i dont care where they are bro

:D

wilkin250r
09-17-2006, 05:29 AM
Originally posted by mstrav1
blah blah blah... they harbor criminals!!! Blah blah blah...

Yeah, you're right. We should revolt now! I say we nuke 'em!!!!

Just because a fugitive ran across the border doesn't mean that Mexico "harbors criminals". It's not like everybody knew where he was the entire time. Dog was tracking him for six months before he finally found him in Mexico, and he was carrying false identification, so it's entirely possible that Mexican authorities didn't even know who he was.

Not only that, it took THREE YEARS for Mexico to extradite Dog to face kidnapping charges. It's pretty obvious that things don't move along quite as quickly down south.

You've got a beef with Mexico, that's fine. Don't bring it into civilized conversation. And do us all a favor, don't breed.

AtvMxRider
09-17-2006, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by 400exmom
that lady has some FAT t1ts:eek2:

You damn right:devil:

HB416EX
09-17-2006, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by 400exmom
that lady has some FAT t1ts:eek2: i saw this show for the 1st time last night~ talk about a group of powerhappy folks sheeeesh... but ya im all for any dirtbag being taken off the street! i dont care where they are bro

:D

I would bang her hard!!!

coolguy8769
09-17-2006, 02:16 PM
gentelmen control yourselfs!!!!! :rolleyes:

ALL WE CAN DO IS WISH HIM THE BEST!!!, he'll need it down there

Lax
09-17-2006, 04:29 PM
Any member wanting to bang Beth should be banned from the forums!

on the other hand, dogs daughter is a bangable character.

AtvMxRider
09-17-2006, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by Lax
Any member wanting to bang Beth should be banned from the forums!

on the other hand, dogs daughter is a bangable character.

JOEX
09-17-2006, 04:52 PM
Just as much as banging the wife and daughter:rolleyes: