PDA

View Full Version : Rev Box for 300ex

yoshi-boy
09-14-2006, 09:56 AM
Yeah I just bought a SRP rev limiter for my honda 300ex and I was wonderin on how it will help my quad out. I know it gives you 1500 on the top end. But what does it do besides that?? Thanks abunch.

bradley300
09-14-2006, 10:03 AM
it wont do anything on a stock motor. now when you hit the limiter, your shifting 3000 rpm's too late instead of 1500 with the stocker. a stock 300ex motor makes max power way before the limiter, so unless you've done something to the motor to move the max power to a higher rpm- above that stock limiter, then you are wasting your money with an aftermarket one

yoshi-boy
09-14-2006, 10:16 AM
I have a yoshimura exhaust, uni airfilter, and soon to have a webcam camshaft. So thats why I bought one so I could get the most out of those!

bwamos
09-14-2006, 10:45 AM
It will help having the extra rpms if for nothing else than to get you a tad extra top end speed on the straights when you normally bounce off the top. (stock rpm I beleive was somewhere in the 7k rpm range, I'd have to look it up.)

Not gonan notice a difference in tight/technical riding, but in the fields between sections it will certianly help.