PDA

View Full Version : CRJ Lowering kit

GearHeadz400ex
09-14-2006, 06:24 AM
Anybody ever used or seen these before? I'm looking to get some more width out of my quad but don't have the money to buy extended a-arms. So this seemed to be the next best thing. I've only heard bad things about wheel spacers so I was thinking this would be a good choice. Thanks for your help guys.

Heres the link if you guys want to look at them...
http://www.crjperformance.com/frloki.html

bwamos
09-14-2006, 06:51 AM
What kind of riding?

Lowering it.. also lowers your suspensions bumpstop point. Aka.. your frame WILL hit the ground if you jump anything.

Quick and dirty solution for TT/Flat Track. But, I wouldn't use it for XC, MX, Dunes, etc...

bradley300
09-14-2006, 07:47 AM
agreed, great, cheap and east for flat track, good for TT, but not the best, and i wouldnt think of using it for xc/mx

09-14-2006, 07:51 AM
crj lowering kits seem to be the strongest out along with their spacers. Their yfz kit is strong enough for mx but still wont handle like a mx quad. The 400ex kit if your a jumper you will need to replace it every half season so it dont break.

crj lowering kits alow you to lower your quad lower than other kits.

You probably could use it for xc but would need to mod the skid plate.

GearHeadz400ex
09-14-2006, 06:35 PM
Im only riding trails as for now, and I don't see me racing very soon... Won't be doing any major jumping either. I'm not really lookin to lower it but I want a wider wheel base and wouldn't mind the lowered part of it... Would wheel spacers be a better buy for my situation?

09-15-2006, 08:12 AM
if you get these or spacers get a stabilizer. I have this lowering kit for my 450r and the only thing I would ever use it for would be flat track and drag racing. I do not think this is a good choice for XC or MX. and id stay away from wheel spacers. Just get some aarms man