PDA

View Full Version : 400ex axle locknut

mattyk1221
09-14-2006, 06:04 AM
hey guys...im having trouble getting my axle locknut off and i was wondering if there was a special way to do it and which way it turns... i kno that it is reverse thread but does the part closest to the brake spin toward or away from the quad???HELP!!!

-copyguy-
09-14-2006, 06:07 AM
you have to turn it inward (so it goes toward the quad), take a snap ring off the axle, then turn it back out to get it off. I sent you a PM that should help you out.

roostonu
09-14-2006, 09:16 PM
hey whatever you sent him can you post or send it to me?I can get the outside nut to turn only about a 1/4 turn either direction.Shoulda bought the damn service manual.

rooster_20
09-15-2006, 12:57 PM
I had a hard time with mine when i changed my rear bearings the first time but there are actuall 3 pieces to the locknut, the threds that you see arent actually part of the axle. After you slide the end locknut to the left you then take the other nut same way and take the clip off that allows you to then go the other way and take the whole thing off. Be carful because they spin in opposite directions if i remember right.