PDA

View Full Version : Cam mod question

A A R O N
09-13-2006, 10:12 PM
I've looked around and every article seems to be worded in a way that I can't figure it out.

Somebody just answer my one question.

When the piston is at top dead center, and the timing marks are lined up, on the exhaust cam is the timing mark lined up with the case before or after the cam is retarded? Where is the freaking mark after it's retarded? (same question, just worded different so I get the point across. It's a simple question, that's all I need to know....I'm not sure if mine is done since I bought it used, so that's why I need to know)

For some reason, every write up just says retard the cam, and i'm retarded so I have no idea. Once more: WHERE DOES THE TIMING MARK ON THE EXHAUST CAM END UP AFTER THE CAM HAS BEEN RETARDED:mad:

intruder
09-14-2006, 07:43 AM
Aaron the cam mod is not done on that quad. I tried it and for the racing we did it didn't seem to start as quick. Hare scrambles are dead engine starts so starting quicker was better for us. The mark is lined up with the head when the cam mod is not done. When the mod is done the cam is actually one tooth back.

http://www.yfzcentral.com/cammod.htm

A A R O N
09-14-2006, 08:07 AM
Thank you:)

Hey, not sure if you saw my post over on ********, but if you're interested in those a-arms that were on the yfz, I'll sell them back to you. I got some +2's and will not be using them anymore.

intruder
09-14-2006, 10:49 AM
I really have no use for them. Call me if you ever have a question.

A A R O N
09-14-2006, 12:02 PM
will do...Pm me your phone number cause i'm not sure I have it any more. I'm sure for a couple weeks here while i'm still learning things about it, I'll have a few questions. So far, so good though:D