PDA

View Full Version : Saw the Outlaw 525 today!!!!!

TYLER329
09-13-2006, 06:47 PM
I am up here in MN for a Polaris training deal and we are riding all of the new 2007 stuff. This spot is about 200 yards from the R&D location!!!! I couldn't see anything through the trees so I was bummed. One of the engineers from Polaris was at the meeting answering questions on all of the product. I mentioned that i raced a Outlaw and that I was really excited for the new 525. The dude left for awhile and then all the sudden he comes out of the trees on a development mule 525!!!!! I nearly wet myself!! I could not ride it because they had about $15000 worth of computers and gizmos strapped to the front of it. The engineer answered every thing i could think of and then he took it back. It will be one heck of a quad, and it is definately lighter!!!!!!!

speeeedy
09-13-2006, 07:15 PM
Did it look like it had the same exhaust type on tip on it? What else is going to be changed on it do you know? How do the new shocks appear to work?

MentalState
09-14-2006, 05:46 AM
yeah have they addressed any of thie issues with the 06 Outlaw..

Evasiveone
09-14-2006, 07:40 AM
Well what were some of the questions you asked and what were the answers?????

TYLER329
09-15-2006, 06:03 AM
yes, it does use the same muffler as the 500 Fugi. Like i said this machine was a diagnostics mule so it was actually an 06 with a 525 grafted into it so it had Fox shocks. I asked the guy if it was going to have the Ryde FX shocks like the picture and he thought it would have fox but was unsure. They have not just bolted in the motor thats for sure. There is frame differences, gas tank differences, it is definately going to be lighter in more areas than just the motor. The most important thing he said was that it was going very smoothly and he didn't think a Jan or Feb release would be a problem. These guys beat the livin snot out of these things!!!!! This will be one heck of a machine!!!

cdalejef
09-15-2006, 01:16 PM
:macho :macho :macho

wolffie
09-15-2006, 07:00 PM
sounds kickass!! now hopefully Polaris will get their butt's in gear and update the pred:D lighter with a 450.

speeeedy
09-19-2006, 11:43 AM
^^^^^^^^^ I SURE hope Polaris hears are crys for a lighter faster pred. I don't race so a 525 in a 360 lbs quad would be GREAT! I have a pred I am turning into a drag bike so I am holding out for this 525 pred to come out. I hope it will be fuel injected. They would sell so fast they wouldn't be able to keep them in stock.