PDA

View Full Version : im in such a good mood listen to this. you would be to

redracing88
09-13-2006, 06:31 PM
so today me and my dad are arguing over my clutch in my 400ex.

i was telling him that 1,2,3 it felt fine soon as it hit 4,5 it started to slip you could feel it like not pulling right.

so he argued that i was wrong and said it would slip in 1,2,3 before 4,5

he goes its like a 10 speed bike, you put it in first its easy to turn such as the clutch easy to slip. you put it in 10th thats less work.

i was like WTF are you talking about its totally the other way around. if i put my bike in 1st gear i could spin the tires its easy for the quad to spin the tires (easy one the clutch) if i were to but my bike in 10th its hard to pedal or (hard to turn the clutch) thus making more work for the clutch to hold and not slip. he goes no it wouldent so i started yelling and got grounded.

well he got all cocky and said call your uncle jim "he is a machanic and a damn good one"he said if im wrong i will pay for your clutch and everything to fix it. in the mean time my dad called his friend his friend said it would (pretty much agree with my dad save me some typing)

i called my uncle and said my dad was saying my clutch wouldent slip in 1,2,3 it would do it in 4,5 agreeing with me pretty much well not pretty much 100%

so i go ohhh daddy talk to uncle. well my dads jaw dropped as he was just served wrong by a 15 year old and is now buying me all new hinson compents for my 400ex.

id say it was a good day, maybe i will get the mechanical respect i derserve around my house now.:cool:

riderpink
09-13-2006, 06:34 PM
ha good luck with that mechanical respect... lol yea i still dont think hes gonna believe thats it

redracing88
09-13-2006, 06:34 PM
ohh yeh rider pink was there to witness most of this

yellowzo3
09-13-2006, 06:37 PM
well that was hard to understand but new parts are always nice so i guess you can wear the sunglasses today :cool: ...nice deal man hinson components are nice!

ilpadrino113
09-14-2006, 01:56 PM
haha good job man. He prolly will still think he's right most of the time

redracing88
09-14-2006, 04:48 PM
this is gay now he wont buy me a clutch is all in a pissy mood and we took the plates out and checked them he wont buy me a new one because they are the correct thickness according to the book

ill post the thread were the problem is if any machincs can help me out

redracing88
09-14-2006, 04:51 PM
http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&postid=2469360#post2469360

rmz250
09-14-2006, 05:24 PM
hahaha same thing happened when the valves went on my kx250f. My dad said no you don't know what your talkin about, you believe anything you here. Guess who paid for my valves?:p

AtvMxRider
09-14-2006, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by redracing88
this is gay now he wont buy me a clutch is all in a pissy mood and we took the plates out and checked them he wont buy me a new one because they are the correct thickness according to the book

ill post the thread were the problem is if any machincs can help me out

The thickness doesn't mean it will slip. Are the fibers glazed?

redracing88
09-14-2006, 06:01 PM
they seem to have like a film over the fibers

Stevie-D
09-14-2006, 06:26 PM
id say it was a good day, maybe i will get the mechanical respect i derserve around my house now.

:) as said above, good luck. i don't know how old your dad is, but most old timers i know who have been around the block a time or ten are very reluctant to give you their approval and respect. show the old man that you know your stuff mechanically, and you may just win him over. not just once in a blue moon..but consistantly. if you are correct 5% of the time and wrong the rest..he may be impressed that 5% of the time. but you wont gain his respect.

im still young...and i have proven this theory correct on numerous occasions. if you can show the old timers that you know your ****, they will often give you some respect and approval. granted...there are always gonna be the guys who think that you are just a cocky little ****:devil:

sure is a great feeling when there is a disagreement and you come out on top though:p

now... there is more torque applied to the clutch in first gear than in fifth. so technically, i would agree with your old man. the clutch should slip in first gear before it does in fourth of fifth. not saying that you are wrong...i've seen it happen.

disks are glazed. check out the steels..if they are still if good shape..you might get by with just the fibers. probably a good idea to change all the disks and springs while you are at it though

enough rambling for tonight...i gotta lay off the booze:D

bulkdriverlp
09-14-2006, 07:33 PM
your dad is right, go get a paper route and save up for a new clutch. good luck:scary: