PDA

View Full Version : Ball joints

jonboy
09-13-2006, 06:18 PM
I posted this in the steering and suspension forum also.

Has anyone ever had to change the ball joint on your lower a-arm? It looks like I'll have to replace the whole arm. I am thinking about cutting off the ball joint end and Tapping out the cast part of the arm to thread in a newer replaceble ball joint or possibly a Hieme joint. Has anyone seen this done? Does anyone know of a ball joint that will work? Possibly off of an aftermarket A-arm. If so what is the part number if you know?:confused:

pual0101
09-15-2006, 08:55 AM
i thought you could just replae the ball joint, but im looking at the parts diagram and it looks like its all one peace, you may be right, you can replace the top on tho
ill keep looking andpost if i find anything new

hmm, they may be pressed in, i see the quantity says '4"
id say they are pressed, havne't looked at one in a while, i've got aftermarket arms on my DVX so i cant remember

jonboy
09-15-2006, 05:50 PM
They are pressed but I think I still want to put a thread in type on it for two reasons. Adjustable and replaceble. Plus I may power coat the arms now and wont have to worry about damage to the ball joints.:) Some one told me that they did the conversion and ordered the Ball joints from Ricky Stator. I still need to know the part# and Tap size to use. I think most Aftermarket arms use 14mm or 16mm. Not sure exactly though. But Thanks a lot for your help!:)