PDA

View Full Version : Stock 86's - Red or Blue

iamjasyn
09-13-2006, 04:59 PM
Hey all. Which color option do you guys like more? Of two equally virgin quads, which do you think is worth more $? Which one was manufactured and sold more of?

I have one of each and I'm trying to figure out what I should do with them. One will get sold for sure and I may keep the other...
Jason

250Renvy
09-13-2006, 07:04 PM
I like the blue more. To me it's worth more money - because of rarity(the blue tanks always discolor, but it depends on the person. I think there were more red made.

If you decide to sell one, you should find a red seat/hood/tank to replace so you could go either way. How good is your blue tank?

iamjasyn
09-13-2006, 08:00 PM
They're both pretty unused. I think almost all of any scuffing is from sitting and being bumped, etc. There is hardly any wear on paint and moving parts like the clutch arm. THe blue tank has no fading that I can see. The seats are perfect and totally pliable. Here's a couple pics!
I kinda like the red one a bit, just cause it looks more fast or something lol, but the blue looks good too for some reason.

iamjasyn
09-13-2006, 08:04 PM
another

iamjasyn
09-13-2006, 08:05 PM

250Renvy
09-13-2006, 08:41 PM
These aren't the two that were on ebay a while back are they? - See my post "the definition of mint"

Those are both worth a bit of $

Rich250RRacer
09-13-2006, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by 250Renvy
I like the blue more. To me it's worth more money - because of rarity(the blue tanks always discolor, but it depends on the person. I think there were more red made.

If you decide to sell one, you should find a red seat/hood/tank to replace so you could go either way. How good is your blue tank?

I'm not sure if the blue is more rare, three out the four that I have started out as blue. There's probably no way to find out unless Honda has the info. I don't think there was anything in the serial number to denote blue or red. As far as which one I like better... I'm torn. I do think I've seen more red '87s than I have blue.

smoxy
09-14-2006, 03:25 AM
I think that the red looks better in stock trim, however the blue looks best all tricked out!

WareRacing
09-14-2006, 04:03 AM
blue for sure!

CorvetteZ06
09-14-2006, 08:05 AM
why would you want to sell those beauties? they are so rare. anyways, good luck with what ever you do!

09-14-2006, 08:44 AM
after seeing the pics i would change my vote to red, i think the red one is in better condition

iamjasyn
09-14-2006, 10:24 AM
86 - I can take better pics and post, but they're in exactly the same condition. They were both owned by the same original owner up until this year. Neither are perfect, but they're pretty close.

250Renvy, I looked at that post and the two auctions. These are not those bikes. These are out of LA. They're in the same condition from what I can tell though minus the polish and better lighting. These both have all original parts though except for UNI filters. The blue one is missing the tire gauge. The red one has a factor/dealer piece of paper in the box with baseline jetting info on it and an extra main jet. I'd bet they're on the original top ends. I can also tell they are low hours because of the lack of wear on stator cover, frame, clutch lever, top of sub frame. I really can't figure out which I like the style of better but I guess I'll detail the blue one first and post some pics. The seats on them both are amazing. The red has a two little lines of something that I'll try to get off. The blue seat is completely perfect and they both feel brand frickin new. Thanks for that link by the way. It looks like I found a couple undervalued quads. I was surprised to see what those two went for. It looks like the red one was valued higher.

I'd love to keep them both, but I have to sell at least one to pay down the debt of buying them. I may keep one since I'm an R nut though! I already own an 88 and a completely stock 89.

matt250r21
09-14-2006, 11:21 AM
I think both the red and blue look sweet!

Rich250RRacer
09-14-2006, 07:27 PM
Why are all these beautiful R's popping up AFTER I finish my resto?

Tom TRX250R
09-14-2006, 11:38 PM
I have defenietly seen more red 86-87 style R's then the blue R's. I like the look of blue and believe it is much more rare, especially one that is in good shape with no fading on the tank, etc. I would keep the blue one for sure!! Either way they are both damn clean R's and I would keep either one of them!!! Good find picking those up!!!