PDA

View Full Version : any mager problems with the yfz

KOG
09-13-2006, 04:28 PM
i am lookin for a new quad this summer its between the yfz or the zuki 450 but wanted to know if any of u guys have had any problems with ur yfz's

bozz
09-13-2006, 04:47 PM
My only problem is finding any other quads worth racing! :blah:

Bill Fuller
09-13-2006, 08:57 PM
I love my YFZ :muscle: Best quad I have ever owned.

pnut420
09-13-2006, 09:20 PM
Everyone has problems with their quad sometime or another, but I havent had any major problems yet but its still like new.

250r4life
09-13-2006, 11:48 PM
i dont think anybody has ever had a "mager" problem with any quad... ever...

infantry317
09-14-2006, 07:14 AM
If you can, ride a few friends' quads, 400ex, z400, 450R, etc., then ride a YFZ, you'll feel the difference the first time you rev it, and the first corner you take. They rev quick and corner awesome. Good luck :chinese:

09-14-2006, 08:04 AM
Originally posted by 250r4life

Well the older yfz's are known for having the battory go dead. Also their is a plastic plug on the side of the motor that can pop out and make a oily mess all over the motor actually causeing some yfz's to start on fire. Also i heard that the water pump or something leaks sometimes. In the older yfz's some people complained of tranny probablums but not as many as the raptor and also the older yfz's some people snapped the rods racing but they had built motors most likely.

Other complains were stiff throttle and seat.

I would get the yfz still. I dont know anything about the suziki.

jones256
09-14-2006, 09:29 AM
i have an 06' yfz and i love it, once you free up the motor the power is awesome. the only thing i found is that some bolts on the side case and when you take off the starter gear cover the to bolts in there are loose, but other than that its ran great, my buddy also races, 2 years now and he just bought his 06' a month after mine and it had the same loose bolts...but other than that no problems

09-14-2006, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by jones256
i have an 06' yfz and i love it, once you free up the motor the power is awesome. the only thing i found is that some bolts on the side case and when you take off the starter gear cover the to bolts in there are loose, but other than that its ran great, my buddy also races, 2 years now and he just bought his 06' a month after mine and it had the same loose bolts...but other than that no problems

I think all the new yfz450's have a probablum with bolts coming loose in the motor kinda like the c-dals. Well thats what i read????

250r4life
09-14-2006, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by slow
Well the older yfz's are known for having the battory go dead. Also their is a plastic plug on the side of the motor that can pop out and make a oily mess all over the motor actually causeing some yfz's to start on fire. Also i heard that the water pump or something leaks sometimes. In the older yfz's some people complained of tranny probablums but not as many as the raptor and also the older yfz's some people snapped the rods racing but they had built motors most likely.

Other complains were stiff throttle and seat.

I would get the yfz still. I dont know anything about the suziki.

my post flew way over your head!!!

pnut420
09-14-2006, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by 250r4life

Ill take that as a joke Im hoping. :macho

250r4life
09-14-2006, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by pnut420
Ill take that as a joke Im hoping. :macho

M_A_J_O_R

09-14-2006, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by slow
I think all the new yfz450's have a probablum with bolts coming loose in the motor kinda like the c-dals. Well thats what i read????
Yamaha actually fixed that problem a few months ago.

And for the question...

I love my YFZ.
I did have some wiring issues but other than that it was great. The wiring was my fault really...
The YFZ is the best 450 IMO... Great Power, cornering, acceleration, speed... As long if you change your oil regularly it will last you a life time.

2muchquad
09-14-2006, 10:29 PM
As long if you change your oil regularly it will last you a life time.

Hmm, competition hi po quad,almost no skirt on piston,high compression,high rpm ceiling and a 5 valve head.I wouldnt count on getting a lifetime out of any motor let alone a high performance one without putting some coin into it from time to time.I just put a new crank in my yz426 last year after almost 3seasons of riding.Take care of them and they will last a while but dont expect atc 110 longevity with just basic maintenance:D

09-14-2006, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by 2muchquad
Hmm, competition hi po quad,almost no skirt on piston,high compression,high rpm ceiling and a 5 valve head.I wouldnt count on getting a lifetime out of any motor let alone a high performance one without putting some coin into it from time to time.
I didnt really mean a life time...

Toadz400
09-15-2006, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by 2muchquad
Hmm, competition hi po quad,almost no skirt on piston,high compression,high rpm ceiling and a 5 valve head.I wouldnt count on getting a lifetime out of any motor let alone a high performance one without putting some coin into it from time to time.I just put a new crank in my yz426 last year after almost 3seasons of riding.Take care of them and they will last a while but dont expect atc 110 longevity with just basic maintenance:D

Well, I know someone on YFZCentral had 500+ hours on his YFZ engine before he decided to rebuild it. That includes racing on it too, I believe it was an '04 on top of that.

I haven't had any problems with mine, just cheap Yamaha bolts keep breaking but that's easily replaceable.

2muchquad
09-15-2006, 09:59 PM
Im sure they can be reliable but not"last a lifetime";)

2muchquad
09-15-2006, 10:04 PM
I know someone on YFZCentral had 500+ hours on his YFZ engine before he decided to rebuild it. That includes racing on it too,

500 hours without a rebuild,well if you believe that then i have some beachfront property for sale in arizona:D