PDA

View Full Version : Drag run.

Scott-300ex
09-13-2006, 01:18 PM
So me and my friends go to the drag strip last nite.

The ride up there was fun, about 6 of us, playin around, seeing who can weave in and out of traffic faster, get away from traffic and move pretty good, play around with each other.

$15 to race $10 to watch. Pay, get car inspected, get armband, race.

I ran 4 times.

The guy that had my car that I bought it from ran 13's with it.

Run 1- 15.54@90mph--Spun off the start, missed 2nd gear shift
Run 2- 14.41@95mph--Best run of night, dogged it on the start
Run 2- 15.17@93mph--Missed 3rd, went to 4th after miss, 1,2,4
Run 3- 14.42@94mph--Pretty good run, dog on start

14.41 was best run

I got a .509 light on a .500 light, so I was .009 away from a perfect start.

It was fun times, I wasn't nervous at all so that was sweet. The guys I went with were between 13.7-15.8. So we were all pretty close.

Fun times though, can't wait untill I get my starts down.

You guys ever do it? I suggest you do with a bunch of friends, its a lot of fun.

I'm on my way to get new tires today and I blew my rearend out!:eek: Had to push it 2 miles by myself and there were some steep hills, really sucked, I have a 7.5 rearend so it was weak, ganna throw a 8.8 in it. I have 3.45 gears in it now so a 4.10 or 4.56 would get me 13's easy.

HB416EX
09-13-2006, 01:24 PM
Dont miss those shifts and you will fine.Dragging is fun I was into that about 5 years ago.California raceway had the same thing you are talking about.

The ride up there is the best part.

GOTFEAR
09-13-2006, 07:49 PM
Man I love drag racing but theirs nothing like doing it on two wheels but i have never raced a car.

GOTFEAR
09-13-2006, 07:49 PM
Man I love drag racing but theirs nothing like doing it on two wheels but i have never raced a car.

Scott-300ex
09-14-2006, 01:31 PM
Yeh, so I blew my clutch out again, after I just put a new one in last year. The guy said I could get by with a stage I and I got a stage II. How can this happen, I got a stage II clutch and aluminum flywheel. Now I got to take the F**kin thing apart again. Spec better give me a free one cuz this is bs. I spend $636 on the deal last time from spec.

I go to www.specclutch.com to get the # and I went to contact and scrool down and look at the guys at the bench, thats ME!!!!!!!!!!!!! HAHA, Me and my dad lookin at thier products. Im in the brown shirt and my dads in the black one. HOW CRAZY IS THAT? That was 2004 at World Ford Challenge at Gateway in St. Louis.

Pretty sweet I thought, I'm on the Spec website.

Scott-300ex
09-14-2006, 01:34 PM
Will an aluminum clutch help you go faster?

Maybe thats why I lost .4 seconds?

ELewandowski
09-14-2006, 01:51 PM
Drag racing is fun. I've never been to the strip though. I don't have anything fast anymore. When i lived with my parents a few years ago, I would take my moms regal gs out and race on the weekends at some local hotspots(which I don't suggest anyone doing). It was pretty fast, supercharged 3.8V-6, the magazines said it did 0-60 in 6.6 sec, 0.1 second faster than the grand prix gtp and the 1/4 mile in 15.0 flat, also 0.1 second faster than the gtp. I never raced at a track and I am by no means a professional, so I prolly didnt hit the numbers motor-trend did, but still, it was a fast 4-door for being stock, and was a riot to race until I got pulled over at 3:30AM for drag racing:( . I beat an 89' mustang gt when i got pulled over. I would suggest to anyone not to drag race on the street, definately not worth it. Trust me.

Scott-300ex
09-15-2006, 11:24 AM
Good post man, its fun to race on the streets, but dangerous and if you get caught your screwed.

I hope its just my quadrant, and I need a new one, that would stop me from tearing my whole drivline down again:confused:

Scott-300ex
09-22-2006, 03:33 PM
Hoped it was the rearend, wasn't. Hoped it was the quadrant, wasn't. Hoped it was the linkage, had my friend pushed down the pedal, the clutch fork moved, wasnt. So I tore it all down AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Take off H-pipe, driveshaft, crossmember, tranny, bellhousing, shifter, clutch linkage, pressure plate, clutch, flywheel. Cuz it was the clutch, nothing left of that aftermarket Spec Stage II, ****ed up the flywheel and pressure plate with grooves, cuz metal to metal

Did it all in 1 day. Last time took me 14 hours, this time took me 8 hours.

The pressure plate bolts were all like finger loose. So that made the clutch disc slip and made me burn it out. You bet your *** I put locktite on the bolts this time and tightened them 'till they bottomed out. Threw it all back together. Used my uncles pit again, got a clutch from his buddy and flywheel, and threw it in that day cuz he had them in stock.

$275 this one vs. $636 one I burnt out.

I got the steel flywheel and threw out the aluminum option, cuz with the steel one I could spin the hell out of the tires at 45mph in 2nd, and break 'em loose at 65mph in 3rd, Never was able to do it after I got aluminum.

So another problem another pissed off fix, but that new clutch grabs like HELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So good.

TORNADO SIRENS GOING OFF RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'M GOIN OUT TO LOOK FOR THE TWISTER! WOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOO!