PDA

View Full Version : Raptor 660 w/Edelbrock carb ???

250R Baja Rider
09-13-2006, 12:33 PM
Is any body using the edelbrock single carb on their 660 Raptor?
Any into would be appreciated?

y2kblkxtreme
09-13-2006, 06:34 PM
i've been wondering the same thing. Also does anybody know if the edelbrock carb will fix the problem of the motor flooding while doing long wheelies

warriorman11
10-07-2006, 11:02 PM
im interested on the edilbrock too

ram air
10-09-2006, 08:44 AM
they suck. i had on on my raptor, and my bro had one on his predator. their only good if u have a fully built race engine. anyways dont wast the money on them.

ECATV Raptor
10-17-2006, 06:22 PM
What were the problems you had with ur edelbrock? I was thinkin about gettin one too. I heard the FCR carbs are worth getting.

lzyga05
11-03-2006, 05:38 PM
i must say compaireing to 2 of my friends that have 660 raptors also .. one is a 01 the other is a 02 (i got a 02) I realy like the carb, but its not good for very muddy/ watery terains becuse u need to get rid of that thing to keep the water out. ( that thing that goes on the air box lid) also it has a very poor idle solution. it doesnt have the idle screw like most carbs becuse it loses hp, so insted they have a screw that pushs the cable so it says open and doesnt close al the way, it works but you need to ajust it alot .. not a big prob . Now the good thing ... 1ST of all my rap starts alot easyer compaird to my freinds .... it starts when its cold.. like in about 2-3 sec almost every time unless its been siting for like 3 months, then like 5-10 sec, but still not bad at all compaired to the stock carbs. the carb is also build very solid also when rideing it starts with out a prob. it also gave me some more power ... well about that $500 price tag . its up to you.