PDA

View Full Version : 1997 Chevy 1500 FS - 2wd reg. cab 4.3 in MI

quadridermx
09-13-2006, 09:18 AM
Well I'm getting a company car with a new job, so the truck has to go.

It's a 1997 Chevy 1500 2 wheel drive with the 4.3 vortec. Regular cab, long bed with 87,xxx miles. Is bright red in color and looks SHARP! This is not a perfect truck, it is almost 10 years old, but I still get compliments all the time about how nice and clean it looks. NO RUST that I know of! This truck has always been kept clean and waxed. DOES NOT have the typical chevyitis rust holes.

Standard options include power brakes, power steering, a/c (works good), cruise, tilt, anti-lock brakes, etc...

What it has:

-American racing nitro rims (really shine! could use a fresh polishing, though).
- Full length running boards give the truck a sleek low look, but still keep ground clearance.
- Tow package
- Tonneau cover. This is not a typical tonneau. Cover is on a hinge and latch system, and opens like a hard cover. Takes about 2 minutes to take off and about 4 minutes to put back on. VERY cool design.
- Transmission cooler
- Pioneer CD player, 200W I believe. Have a cheap 10" set of subs behind the seat. Sounds good.
- Drop in bed liner
- Road gear in rear differential

Within the last 5,000 miles I have had replaced:

- Updated upper and lower intake gaskets and fuel pressure regulator (known problem areas for these 4.3 motors)
- Fuel pump
- Alternator
- Plugs, cap, rotor, wires
- Idler arms (another known wear item in steering)

Add it up with labor and I've put about $2000 into it recently. Both motor and transmission are strong. I'd take it cross country with no worries.

Imperfections:

- Needs all 4 tires before winter (quoted $250 for 4 extra load tires installed)
- Various dings and clear coat imperfections
- While on the highway, someone's exhaust system fell off in front of me. Unbelievable.... their rear tires kicked it up into the air and it hit the front drivers side fender and grille at the very top. Put a nice little ding in the point of the fender and broke the corner light on the grille. Not a big deal, doesn't affect performance or reliability at all, but is an imperfection I wanted to mention.

This was my baby! It has been very very well taken care of and will probably give someone another 100,000 miles of use. Truck gets about 21 mpg highway and 19 mpg city. This is an awesome economical truck that is GREAT for hauling quads or whatever you need. I can fit a quad and a dirtbike easily with room to spare. Best part is, it won't break the bank with horrible mpg.

Asking $3500 OBO. Truck's private party KBB value is close to $6000, but I'm not looking to get top dollar. This is a nice looking, solid truck for the money. You won't find many others this nice for this price! It has it's imperfections, but again, you're not paying $20k.

Located in Temperance, Michigan and truck must be picked up with cash at my residence. Feel free to come check it out if you want. Title is clean, clear, and ready to be signed over.

More pics available! I will be out of town 9/16 - 9/23 so please be patient.

quadridermx
11-04-2006, 12:12 PM
Bump... still have it, runs great! Will take $3000.

Will also trade this truck for a nice boat. 18-22 ft range. open bow sport preferred.

quadridermx
11-06-2006, 04:35 PM
It's a great truck!