PDA

View Full Version : suspention

H.Holmes
09-13-2006, 08:20 AM
i have moded just about every thing in terms of engine performance but i have not touched my springs. what is th first thing i should do

please help my project.
thanks

ghost450
09-13-2006, 08:35 AM
depends how deep your pocket is and where you ride. You can just get the stockers re-valved, about $200 a piece. Or if you MX you might want to look into aftermarket shocks. There are hundredes of possibilites and combinations you can go with.

First question you need to answer is what type of terrain do you ride in most frequently?

and by the way it's spelled suspension!!:eek2:

seamonster
09-13-2006, 08:00 PM
If you are a cross country racer, contact Laz at GT Thunder. He can works wonders with stock shocks and at a fraction of the cost of aftermarket shocks. If you want to spend the money, Custom Axis makes the best suspension on the market. I have Axis shocks with ARS-FX on my YFZ and it's the best I ridden. I had Elka's before this and didnt like them that much...good luck.
BTW....if you are in XC, the suspension work will make you ride faster than the work you have had done to your motor.....

Bill Fuller
09-13-2006, 08:54 PM
:rolleyes: He's so smart.I agree 100% with Seamonster.Although I like my Elkas'.