PDA

View Full Version : Chest protector

Str8Wicked
08-30-2002, 05:17 PM
or Roost Protector... How many people use them and in what conditions.

I usually ride sand and have eatin it before without one.... No problem in the sand but when I ride at another local spot there are tons of rocks on the floor and man that'll hurt if I ever fall....

So how many people use hem and when?

Juggalo
08-30-2002, 05:32 PM
i wear one all the time.

dabombdale
08-30-2002, 05:40 PM
i wear mine all the time too, never know what will come around the corner!!!!!!!

Pappy
08-30-2002, 06:20 PM
haha...some of my friends that ride very "casually" laugh when i get out all my gear. i say its better to be over protected then pick gravel from my back, chest...knees..etc.

prepare for the crash...cuz sooner or later its a comin:grr

Teufel
08-30-2002, 06:54 PM
Always, they are a little uncomfortable but can prevent and or minimumize the damage

harebounder
08-30-2002, 07:47 PM
Maybe the first day you wear it it will feel different but after that you won't even tell that you have one on. Wear it i had a branch poke me in the chest still have the bruise cause i wasn't wearing mine. Luckily i was only in first gear, might have went into my chest cavity. It happens. I have seen mountain bikers have it happen.

AtvMxRider
08-30-2002, 08:17 PM
I wear mine almost all the time. If it is really hot sometimes I don't wear it but I know I should. Actually it belongs to my son I haven't bought one for me yet. When I do I'm getting a Thor Aftershock.

08-30-2002, 08:43 PM
i got new 02 or 03 fox airframe wit chrome shoulders and smoke plastic wit chrome fox head i wear wit my gear cuz it looks kick ***

airheadedduner
08-31-2002, 12:59 AM
I where one all the time. Dispite that I still broke my collor bone. But being I broke the thing in 2 places how bad would it have been if I hadn't had one??

mxracer08
08-31-2002, 08:51 PM
one of my buddies was racing flat track and went down and the chest pro he was wearing somehow pinched a nerve in his back and temporarily paralized him

Sick0
09-01-2002, 04:48 PM
Yeah I wear my all the time. I wear becuaue it helps for roosting and if you get into a crash. Just the othere day I crashed into tree 4th gear pin. I hurt my arm but that was it. The tree hit the chest protector instand of my chest, than the quad land on me. I got up thank god that I was aright. I think if I didn't have my chest protector I would have got in lot more hurt. I probly wouldn't been able to go racing next weekend. I say buy one and wear all the time. The gear will keep you healthy.

Tommy 17
09-01-2002, 05:55 PM
this pic is proof that u still have full movement in a chest protector...

mine has saved me quite a few times and the only thing i had to do was cut off the arm guards bc they were worthless and got in the way...

macblaster
09-01-2002, 07:19 PM
I wear one. I race HS.

EvilJester400EX
09-03-2002, 08:24 AM
:eek: tommy caught lookin' at the track girl :p :blah

Str8Wicked
09-03-2002, 09:39 AM
cool cool guys... Thanks for all the info... I know I should wear one but even when I take one with me riding it never seems to find itself on me...

I do mostly dune riding... anyone wear one at the dunes.... It seems like most of you are doing track or trail riding.

MeatHead
09-04-2002, 06:57 AM
I ride at Silver Lake occasionally, and I always wear my chest protector. My dad's saved him from some extra pain while on the dunes, so its a good idea to wear your protection if you have it. I also wear my tech 8's everywhere I ride, and I am glad after getting slapped with some good size braches that snapped up into my ankle. It would have hurt if I wasn't wearing those boots.

Ride400exj
09-04-2002, 09:04 PM
I ride Mx and go to glamis and jump dunes and **stuff** and it saved me a few times i have had my bike flip like in huevos 4 and had the grab bar land on my chest the only thing that saved me was the chest protecter. well worth the $100 to me but not to the next guy in glamis it seems. well when you crash really hard you will want tone jsut wait find out the hard way hehe... ( my chest protecter looks like sh*t from having it save me

stocktires
09-07-2002, 02:35 PM
I will never go to a track without one. A person at the local track (More of a dirt bike track) died from not wearing one. Im glad I wasnt there that day. And A guy got paralized from not wearing one (I was there).
I broke my collar bone too with my chect protector on, When I wen't down, the edge on my helmet was slamed into it and snap!
Yea, it's also really good for roost. I was battleing it out with a 426 for a half a lap, and when he passed me, My neck had like 3 welps, but my chest protector did great!
HIGHLY reccomended (A Chest Protector is something that is just as important as boots, or even a helmet!)