PDA

View Full Version : info on a Honda 300 four trax.....????

rebelbuggy
09-12-2006, 08:10 PM
I want to know about a 300 Four trax, i know its a utility quard.
but I want to know.

is it chain driven or Shaft ( this will tell me if the motor is sitting normal or sidways)

is it the same size engine as a 300ex?

is the 4 wheeler itself the same size as a 300ex or bigger or..

I am asking cause my buddy got a hold of one and its missing the back wheels and tires and a few other things like the seat and all..
would a 300ex seat fit?

He is going to get a couple of things off it and give it to me it doesnt run... noone knows why could be a simple problem or a big one.

He said the frame looked good I thinking about trying to fix that motor is can be or finding another one and wondered what would fit it..

Thanks

I have no clue the year either.

Bigun55
09-13-2006, 09:58 AM
Well I can help you with some of it.

It is shaft driven

They aint the same size motor i dont think

300 honda is bigger than a 300ex

The wheels MIGHT bolt up but i doubt that the seat will.

Well i hope i helped u out a little.

rebelbuggy
09-13-2006, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by Bigun55
Well I can help you with some of it.

It is shaft driven

They aint the same size motor i dont think

300 honda is bigger than a 300ex

The wheels MIGHT bolt up but i doubt that the seat will.

Well i hope i helped u out a little.

oh alright thanks, I forgot one thing, does it use a clutch ? or is it automatic or....
I think you have to shift it but no cluth right?

shaft driven, might be hard to find another motor for it. but maybe I can do something with it

Thanks

pitchblack400
09-13-2006, 09:31 PM
-yes it is the same size motor as a 300 ex 282cc's

-the seat is not the same

-the drivetrain is shaft driven

-iono if your wheels are 4/110 bolt patter on a 300ex they will fit thats what the are on a 300 4x4 fourtrax

-there bigger than a 300ex

-i would just spray alot of ether in the intake the crank the electric start if it will works on it. ive seen alot of old 300's started this way, it should run along time until something really bad wrong goes with it.

-I would check somewhere utility atv oritented for utility parts, highlifter or something.

-yes the clutch is automatic you just pull and push gears with the normal shifter.

rebelbuggy
09-13-2006, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by pitchblack400
-yes it is the same size motor as a 300 ex 282cc's

-the seat is not the same

-the drivetrain is shaft driven

-iono if your wheels are 4/110 bolt patter on a 300ex they will fit thats what the are on a 300 4x4 fourtrax

-there bigger than a 300ex

-i would just spray alot of ether in the intake the crank the electric start if it will works on it. ive seen alot of old 300's started this way, it should run along time until something really bad wrong goes with it.

-I would check somewhere utility atv oritented for utility parts, highlifter or something.

-yes the clutch is automatic you just pull and push gears with the normal shifter.

thanks well its not 4x4 its 2x4
i havent even seen it yet. i will fool with it when i get it.......

thanks