PDA

View Full Version : Lowering my 400ex?

RezoD
09-12-2006, 07:30 PM
My quad has +2 arms, and a +4 axle, which really helps with stability, but I'd like to lower it a bit, but NOT lose suspension travel. I have Works w/res's up front, and a stocker in back. Is there any adjustment with the works? What about bleeding some of the Nitrogen out of the res's to lower it, and crank the rear down a bit? I'm looking for a rough ride height of a MX quad.

Edit: What I mean by losing suspension travel is, I don't want to lose my usable suspension travel. I know I can buy a lowering kit, but that's that much less droop my suspension will have, and that much less compression it will have (because of the quad bottoming out before the shocks bumpstops kick in). I want the same stroke and travel my suspension has now, I just want it to sit lower.

Travis

Colby@C&DRacing
09-13-2006, 07:43 AM
Never take nitrogen out of your shocks... As for loosing usable travel you will have to sit lower in the travel to lower the bike so this is a trade off. We can copnvert your works to a lowered ride height shock and rebuild your rear that way also when setupp properly this setup performs very well.

400exMO
09-13-2006, 11:50 AM
Get C@Ds rear ZPS setup. It sets it low and rides unbelievable. Correct me if I'm wrong colby, but it adds another inch of travel as well.

RezoD
09-13-2006, 01:09 PM
I know I will be sitting lower in my suspension travel, but I still have the same amount of total travel. I will have less up-travel when my quad is sitting lower, more down travel, and same total travel.

Can you give me a quote on revalving my shocks front and rear, for a 180lb rider, aggressive style riding, mostly duning if that makes any difference to the weight oil/piston holes. Thanks Colby. :)