PDA

View Full Version : Crap Dyno-jet kit...Need help!

ugotbit
09-12-2006, 07:14 PM
Ok I have a 01 400ex. Yosh full exhaust rev box, k&n( lid on and off)and this crap jet kit. I cannot get this thing to run correctly with the instructions and Im getting mad. Anybody use this or should I got to normal jets? What size jets and needle? Thanks....:devil:

redexrider
09-12-2006, 07:35 PM
With those mods and the needle they supplied, I would try a 160 main, and third notch on the needle, 3 turns out on the air/fuel mixture screw. I have the same setup as you and that is what I run, and mine runs just right. that should get you in the ball park.

Def-e-nition
09-13-2006, 01:58 PM
Agreed. Try 160 or 155 main , lid on , at the coast , and do as he says .
If you run lid off you will need to change the jet size . Then I'd rather run an outerwear first , and 165 lid off .

Something else may be wrong before you blame the jet kit .

When you say not right - what do you mean not right ? Crappy , or just not pulling Very Well ?

Those kits are designed rich so as not to run the motor lean . go Big , then smaller , but work your way to a size , either start big and go smaller , or start small , and go bigger .

I would suggest 155 or 160 main lid on , (155) , and 165 or possibly 17- main lid off , 3 turns , and 3rd clip on the needle . Certainly not 2nd at coast altitude - i think its perhaps a little too rich setting for that .

Good luck . If all else fails - go to a dyno . I learnt Plenty while the guy worked on the bike . you 'd be amazed how sensitive fuel air settings actually Are .