PDA

View Full Version : riding while smoking :)

jeremy_283
09-12-2006, 07:05 PM
Is it ok for me to finish off the race season even though my quad is smoking a little bit because one day my air filter wasnt securely attached? its only 3 more races.... will I be fine?

RezoD
09-12-2006, 07:58 PM
Will you be fine it what sense?

Will you be able to finish your season out?
Should be able to, unless it's blowing a quart of oil every race.

Will you win the races you might have been able to, if your quad was making more power?
Probably not...

But to your main question, yeah, you should be fine to finish it out. Chances are, you won't do any more damage to it than is already done, IF IT'S NOT ALREADY EFF'ED! If half of your piston's already gone, then no, you won't make it the rest of the season. :P

Travis

jeremy_283
09-12-2006, 08:14 PM
it dont seem real bad and it aint burnin much oil... actually none at all that i can notice....... effed?...... what damage could have been caused?....... after the season i plan on getting it bored out or watever needs done to fix the problem and i will prolly get my valve and valve seals and springs replaced...... is that enough to fix the damage?

RezoD
09-12-2006, 08:23 PM
From what I understood of your post, your quad was burning oil. If that's the case, it's usually only your rings, or the worst case is piston/rings and your cylinder needs to be either honed or bored, depending on how bad it is. If you plan to go through the motor like that at the end of the year, and it's not smoking at all, of course it will be ok for the rest of the race season.

Travis

jeremy_283
09-12-2006, 08:42 PM
its smokin but just not all the time