PDA

View Full Version : Had to say good by to a good friend tonight

Pappy
09-12-2006, 05:31 PM
I was called this morning and told that my "Yeller" dog had been killed:(

He was run over in the middle of my road, no one stopped or anything. He usually stays in the yard but went for a walk I reckon and now is dead.

He was a good dog, took good care of my kids when they were outside, watched the house like he should and was just a happy go lucky lab:(

He will be missed dearly. My neighbors helped get him to my house, then they dug a grave in my front yard under one of our tree's and buried him as I could not get away from work.

RIP Yeller

He is a bit muddy in this pic from catching frogs with my boys in the creek behind the house

Honda TRX250ex
09-12-2006, 05:35 PM
aww man im sorry papy!:(
R.I.P.

suck my pipe
09-12-2006, 05:36 PM
Sorry man, Crazy a dog can become part of a family.

FasstMidnightZ
09-12-2006, 05:36 PM
Loosing pets can be tough.. :ermm: I know you'll pull through.

CHEVYZ
09-12-2006, 05:38 PM
Sorry to hear that. It sucks losing a good pet. :(

WILSONatv
09-12-2006, 05:39 PM
going to be sad when my familys dog dies there so cute i mean tough

Phills450r
09-12-2006, 05:41 PM
R.I.P

Mxjunkie
09-12-2006, 05:42 PM
Sorry to hear Pappy, I lost one of my doberman's a few year's ago cause someone came flying up my road way over the speedlimit :(

Pappy
09-12-2006, 05:46 PM
Im pretty upset I geuss, I know that if you play in traffic you die, wether your a person or a dog. I do not fully blame the driver...but....

The dog was hit on a private road, dead in the middle of the road, in an area where anything in the road would be clearly visable. If the dog darted out then thats that.

Anyone remember the neighbor I had issues with over the property line? He is the one who came to the house and told my wife, told her how he found the dog. His neighbor followed him out the drive way this morning after she saw him pull in, change vehicles then she followed him to out the drive where she saw him pull into our lane:ermm:

Now I would hate to think he did it and just did not have the balls to tell us. I know he is terrified of me, and I can even understand that. He did help with recovering the dog as my wife could not do it alone so i am grateful. But, when I find out who did it i will be spending a few days in the lock up because that person will feel pain.

AtvMxRider
09-12-2006, 05:55 PM
:( Sorry Ken

TheIceMan
09-12-2006, 06:00 PM
:(
sorry for you and your families loss Pappy

Mean250r
09-12-2006, 06:00 PM
wow papy i am vary sorry to hear that, judgin by the pic he looked like a great dog. RIP i bet your kids are very very upset

Pappy
09-12-2006, 06:05 PM
The kids were mixed. I have raised both of them to face reality. They know you dont win a fight with a car or truck.

They were both very mad at who ever hit the dog then never let anyone know.

My other lab "Moose" is beside himself:( They said he would not leave the "Yeller" all day. When they started digging he would help, then go lay next to his buddy. When another neighbor brought over a backhoe, Moose was angered and bit at the backhoe when it was tamping the grave:( Dogs know more then we give them credit for.

Ive been home for about 40 minutes and I have watched him get all of Yellers toys and pile them up where yeller slept

WhiteYFZ
09-12-2006, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by Honda TRX250ex
aww man im sorry papy!:(
R.I.P.

Tommy 17
09-12-2006, 06:24 PM
sorry to hear that pappy... i know everytime i was at your house he was a cool dog to be around... its ackward that happened on your road because theres really not that much there or traffic...

sorry:(

yellowzo3
09-12-2006, 06:29 PM
sorry to hear this pappy :(
R.I.P. Yeller

09-12-2006, 06:37 PM
Sorry to hear that...
I also had a yellow lab a few years ago and I let it out of his dog pen to play and when I came back outside to put him back in his cage... I could not find him, I guess someone "stole" him:( That dog treated me well, I treated him well.

After 3 years I decided to buy another lab. I bought a black lab a few months ago and he will never be like my old lab.

440bigborekit
09-12-2006, 06:41 PM
srry to hear that pap it sucks when a pet gos.

Kansas400ex
09-12-2006, 06:45 PM
ah man that sucks. RIP. its sucks when u loose a damn good pet.

JRP
09-12-2006, 06:55 PM
RIP Yeller!:( We lost our dog a while back, even though i was young it still hurt me.:(

wvspeedfreak
09-12-2006, 07:20 PM
Sorry to hear about Yeller.He always came to greet me when I pulled up at your house.I hope the boys aren't too upset.

diangelo#67
09-12-2006, 07:25 PM
pap if you do find out your neighbor's hidden sum thin so to speak,......let me know I know people let's say:devil:

Doober
09-12-2006, 07:29 PM
dang, losing a dog and be like losing a good friend...sorry for your loss

Quad Boy 660r
09-12-2006, 07:36 PM
Very sorry to hear that.

I myself lost "my" first dog 3 years ago. It sucked.

I might be expierencing that again soon, we have 1 or 2 dogs that are riding that thin line:ermm: .

79400ex
09-12-2006, 07:40 PM
sorry to hear that pappy. Your other need some loving now to help him with his grief.

insaneracin2003
09-12-2006, 07:48 PM
sorry for your loss Pappy,RIP Yeller....God Speed

Pappy
09-12-2006, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by diangelo#67
pap if you do find out your neighbor's hidden sum thin so to speak,......let me know I know people let's say:devil:

i am one of those people. .

MOFO
09-12-2006, 08:35 PM
Kenny, I'm sorry to hear this. I've grown up with dogs throughout my entire life and a few have passed similar to this. :(

signboy
09-12-2006, 09:26 PM
Man I hate to hear that about your dog. He looked like he was a great dog. Sad, very sad.

My dog is a very important part of my life and would be hard to deal without him.

TheFontMaster
09-12-2006, 09:58 PM
Sorry to hear about your dog Kenny. I hate loosing pets. They may just be pets, but they really do become part of the family.

JJ69
09-12-2006, 09:59 PM
bad news all week.
i had my puppy put down last week.. he was my 'yeller' too.. he was a yellow duck toller.. his name was Cubbie.
he was 17 years old this summer, and it showed.. he started going downhill fast so we had to have him put down. i'm only 18, i've had him since i was a year old.. he was like a brother to me, god is it different coming home from work and expecting to see him waiting for me at the door.

dvx rider1
09-12-2006, 10:05 PM
Sorry to read this, Pappy. I've got a Jack-rat(10) and a Yellow lab(5-1/2) who looks very similar to yours and they ARE my kids. The lab wanders away from time to time and I always worry, people suck, that's why I never wanted human kids. Neighbors can be a pain too, and since 99% of people are naturally cowards I don't know if you'll ever know what happened, but I'd definitely keep my ears open, if something wrong happened he'll slip up and brag to someone and if that happens pm me; I'm Italian too and would love to help......

<DRS>GPF
09-13-2006, 06:05 AM
i am sorry for your loss Pappy..

i thought you were kidding in your other post.. figured you just had the blues for a day.. you know, biorhythm stuff..

i cried like a baby while i held my dog Sampson as he took his last breath.. he was old, almost 16yrs and shared my lunch for most of that time..
funny, i was used to making extra.. i never thought anything of it, seeming so natural to make that much food.. til i had extra.

seemed like it took forever to carve a headstone.. i was out of sorts for a week or two..

dogs are sentient beings..

bwamos
09-13-2006, 07:11 AM
My condolences, Kenny.

I've always had a dog in the house since the day I was born. Sometimes, I think it's easier to loose a family member than a loyal dog. Dog's have an unconditional love that we can only dream to have. It's always a sad day when it's gone.

z400ACDC
09-13-2006, 08:27 AM
Sorry to here about the death of your dog! OUR old mutt sounds a lot like yours. Pepper takes care of our 13 acres like it is his!!! I just wish he would not chase the deer away. I have always believed that you should try to find the owner if you run over their dog. But, I could see where this can also be a bad idea also. A few years ago, a friend of mine and I were coming home from a ride, when a beagle ran out in front of the truck and trailer. I knew that the dog was dead. It took us about a half mile to find a turn around spot. When we returned to the home of the owner of the dog, he went crazy!!! He wanted to fight after I told him that I would not pay $300 for his beagle. I told him that I was sorry, but his dog should have not been in the rode. I told him that I thought that his dog had knocked the the frontend out of my truck. After that, he desided that I could take care of the truck and he would take care of the dog. You never know how someone will react, if you stop. R-I-P YELLOW

jcv400ex
09-13-2006, 09:58 AM
Sorry to hear about that Kenny. I dread the day I lay Jake down, he's part of the family. Alittle part of you dies with them, when you have a pet like that.

MentalState
09-13-2006, 02:02 PM
Sucks...But at least you werent the one to run her over..

I had a misshap with wives little chiwawa and my F350 dually..

Wasnt pretty and she saw everything...

Needless to say we have a new one and I make sure the keep it on a leash when outside...

Sad thing was I didnt even feel it when it happened...

Pappy
09-13-2006, 03:26 PM
Growing up on a farm I had my share of dogs smooshed by us on tractors or by trucks.

I miss him, I just took a walk in the woods with my other lab "Moose" and when we came out he went back to Yellers grave and laid on top of it and whined. It amazes me how smart these dogs are.

I also rode the neighborhood looking for damaged vehicles but only saw one but this guy is an animal lover nut and I doubt he would drive off. He more then likley would have been balling his head off beside the dog if he did it.

The only other news was recieved this morning when the wife was informed that the guy who informed us Yeller had been hits kids told 3 other neighbors that thier dad said it was a white truck that did it. Funny, he told the wife he had no idea who did it and even commented on the fact he did not see any vehicles on his way in out and back into the neighborhood. Its one way in and out. Story keeps changing.

Pappy
09-13-2006, 03:28 PM
If this had been my Moose...someone would be in jail by now...namely me:ermm:

Pappy
09-13-2006, 04:20 PM
Here is a pic of him not muddy from chasing down killer frogs:p