PDA

View Full Version : Dale Earnhardt Jr. is backing the construction of a new motosports facility

redlineranger
09-12-2006, 02:35 PM
i can not find a link but in the mobile register(mobile, alabama), it was confirmed today that dale earnhardt jr and some other guy are backing the construction of a new motorsports facility here in south alabama. it will be somewhere in mobile or baldwin county. in the paper it mentioned a track for nextel/busch, dirt track, and i believe a motocross track. im not 100% certain about the motocross track, but i remember on a show one time dale jr. said he would always love to build a facility with all sorts of racing availible(including motocross). it should be completed sometime during 2009 the paper mentioned, possibly 2010. how cool is that?:D

just thought i'd pass this along to all you NASCAR fans.

redlineranger
09-12-2006, 05:12 PM
just seen his press conference. he said he will be designing the track and that it will be based off of Richmond's layout. there will be a drag strip, sprint car track, dirt track, bass fishing lakes/pond. it said the facility will be built on over 2,000 acres. the name will be Alabama Motorsports Park.