PDA

View Full Version : Dirtwheels is slacking

yellowzo3
09-12-2006, 12:44 PM
This isnt the usual "Dirtwheels has too many ads i hate them" rant. Throughout school and so far in my college career, we've been pushed to further our writing skills and techniques to be the best writers and story tellers we can be. As I turned to page 172 in the September 2006 issue I couldnt wait to start reading. An Nmotion YFZ535!!! This has got to be a great article right?! Wrong. This is one of the most boring, and poorly written evaluations I have ever read in any magazine that is as popular as theirs. The grammar is middle-school level and there are numerous choppy, akward sentences. The coverage was great and it was awesome to read about such a nice bike, but if it werent for the show stopping quality of the quad, I would have quit reading on the first page. I dont subscribe to dirtwheels and only buy one once in a while, so I dont read their articles often. I didnt read many other articles in this issue either, and the ones I did read didnt irritate me as much, so I'm not sure if its just this one story or if alot are like this one. I dont want to hate on Dirtwheels because they have alot of coverage and are good mags to have, but is it too much to ask to have a well written story that occupies multiple pages in the issue? idk, maybe its just me.

coryatver
09-12-2006, 12:58 PM
your not the only one. Me and my friends used to subscribe but have moved on to much better magazines

Raptor68
09-12-2006, 01:01 PM
I agree that the grammar in Dirtwheels is horrible, not to mention that half the magazine is advertisements. However, I still subscribe to it because I feel it is a decent magazine.

PolarisRider
09-12-2006, 01:03 PM
Mine hasnt came yet?

yellowzo3
09-12-2006, 01:08 PM
at least im not the only one upset with the mag. thanks for the replies guys. and PolarisRider, you should definatly have gotten that issue by now. I bought it in the store a while ago.

250ex13
09-12-2006, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by yellowzo3
at least im not the only one upset with the mag. thanks for the replies guys. and PolarisRider, you should definatly have gotten that issue by now. I bought it in the store a while ago. At the begining of last year i sent a 2 year subscription and got olny 3 magizines and never got any others :mad: ..I perfer QUAD magazine, mucho better:macho

Quad Boy 660r
09-12-2006, 01:16 PM
I agree in Dirtwheels going downhill.

My brother subscribes to Transworld Motocross, the dirtbike mag. Those guys are hilarious! And the articles are great. Then I read DW, and it is SO damn boring.:mad:

GPracer2500
09-12-2006, 01:17 PM
DirtWheels is a joke as far as I'm concerned. Your evaluation of the writing is spot on. I can't believe some of that stuff makes it to print. I gave up on them a long time ago....

PolarisRider
09-12-2006, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by 250ex13
..I perfer QUAD magazine, much better:macho

Agreed. I just sent a suscription to them a couple days ago. Whats not to love about free shock covers and posters of girls?

250ex13
09-12-2006, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by PolarisRider
Agreed. I just sent a suscription to them a couple days ago. Whats not to love about free shock covers and posters of girls? hahaha, my whole wall is full of transworld posters and quad posters:devil:

bwamos
09-12-2006, 01:26 PM
QU4D Magazine FTW!

firefighterjosh
09-13-2006, 12:28 AM
I am suscribed to all the Quad mags out there, Dirt Wheels, 4wheel ATV Action, Quad, one other....

I like Quad the best. Really good details.

Dirt Wheels is OK. I don't mind it. It seems the grammar is more liek they are talking to you, not writting. See what I am saying?

Grant Casey
09-13-2006, 03:16 AM
dirt wheels is just full of ad's, but some times i dont mined reading it.

cheers

bradley300
09-13-2006, 07:14 AM
DW is horrible. there was a ad about matt smiley at the begining of the season, they spelled his last name 5 different ways in the article. how PATHETIC for a magazine. i think quad is a good magazine, but it seems to be geared more towards the beginner, and the two ive seen, i didnt see any race coverage?? did i just catch 2 bad issues?

honduh440
09-13-2006, 07:49 AM
atv insider is where its at.i havnt read a dirtwheels in months

HB416EX
09-13-2006, 08:03 AM
I only read dirtwheels and I know what you mean.It is hard to keep my attention on the acticle and the writers sound like jerkoffs.The only section I like is the readers rides.

KWAD GAWD
09-13-2006, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by honduh440
atv insider is where its at.i havnt read a dirtwheels in months
Well then I guess you'll be pleased to know ATV Insider will be in full magazine format for 2007 :)

Tommy 17
09-13-2006, 09:49 AM
did anyone else notice that dirtwheels pictures SUCK! compared to other magazines... look at transworld, racerX, or any of the other quad magazines either and the pictures are awesome and actually make u say wow sometimes... dirtwheels pics are just boring

ilpadrino113
09-13-2006, 11:14 AM
they speeled his last name 5 differnt ways

^^^^^
Irony

bwamos
09-13-2006, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by KWAD GAWD
Well then I guess you'll be pleased to know ATV Insider will be in full magazine format for 2007 :)

Sweet.
We dont get that magazine on the racks, locally. I'll have to check it out.

mustang25
09-13-2006, 12:48 PM
yeah, they used to be my favorite...but now, personally i would consider looking into QUAD if u havent already.....pretty good

250xridamatt
09-13-2006, 02:11 PM
I get transworld mx for that reason. I've never checked out atv insider or quad, but if they compare to twmx, Ill subscribe now. The pictures and articles are always great. In dirtwheels you never know what you are going to get.

Pappy
09-13-2006, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by Tommy 17
did anyone else notice that dirtwheels pictures SUCK! compared to other magazines... look at transworld, racerX, or any of the other quad magazines either and the pictures are awesome and actually make u say wow sometimes... dirtwheels pics are just boring

id disagree, last months atv sport did not have one clear picture in the magazine. i did find out that a photographer gave them pictures for a portion of the race coverage, he would have had to, no editor i know would have paid for them.

i enjoy the pictures as much as the content and i was severly let down.

RaptorRacer45
09-13-2006, 03:44 PM
Are the subscribers suppossed 2 contact someone if they havent recieve there October issue yet?.......i havent seen 1 since the beginning of August:confused:

PismoLocal
09-13-2006, 03:50 PM
Yours is probably in the mail, I just recieved my october mag yesterday.

firefighterjosh
09-17-2006, 10:13 PM
Are all Magazines 3 months behind? Its been a long time since JJ got hurt (kinda) and I just recived a DW Mag that said he was a contender for the MX championship. I wanted to cry or something that is terrible for them to put out. Even though there issues are behind they could have stopped the printing and re-done it.

Maybe they can't I don't know anything about the Mag bussiness.

MAaudioX10
09-17-2006, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by yellowzo3
This isnt the usual "Dirtwheels has too many ads i hate them" rant. Throughout school and so far in my college career, we've been pushed to further our writing skills and techniques to be the best writers and story tellers we can be. As I turned to page 172 in the September 2006 issue I couldnt wait to start reading. An Nmotion YFZ535!!! This has got to be a great article right?! Wrong. This is one of the most boring, and poorly written evaluations I have ever read in any magazine that is as popular as theirs. The grammar is middle-school level and there are numerous choppy, akward sentences. The coverage was great and it was awesome to read about such a nice bike, but if it werent for the show stopping quality of the quad, I would have quit reading on the first page. I dont subscribe to dirtwheels and only buy one once in a while, so I dont read their articles often. I didnt read many other articles in this issue either, and the ones I did read didnt irritate me as much, so I'm not sure if its just this one story or if alot are like this one. I dont want to hate on Dirtwheels because they have alot of coverage and are good mags to have, but is it too much to ask to have a well written story that occupies multiple pages in the issue? idk, maybe its just me.

I don't know what is worse. The fact that DW has poor article quality or, the fact that you pay SO much attention to this.

Buying a DW magazine is like buying a Playboy. You buy it for the pictures. I don't think I would care, or notice, if they had a 5 year old writing for them. Even though it seems like it most of the time, it doesn't really effect me the same way as you. I feel, that I still get my $3.00 worth.

Their articles are informative, nonetheless. No? Even though they do seem EXTREMELY bias and, sometimes, arrogant...I won't stop reading their magazine. The amount of content alone is worth the price, despite the amount of ads.

Evidentally, your not the only one that feels this way. (I.E. 3 pages in this thread bashing DW) but, people do need a leader.

QuadJunkies
09-17-2006, 10:56 PM
maybe I should have posted a sticky on this topic about late subscriptions... :p

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=253331&highlight=late

I enjoy all my mag, some of them I enjoy more than others,my Atvaction is one I enjoy the least. They differ from month to month .

Great news about QUAD Mag. going in full force !:cool:

firefighterjosh
09-17-2006, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
maybe I should have posted a sticky on this topic about late subscriptions... :p

No I meant I just got the new October issue. It had something about the WSPA. And the WSPA is over.

I meant are they 3 months behind on information they get?

Like They only had i think 4 rounds of the WSPA covered in the October issue and Didn't the WSPA finish the beggning of august?

So they should have had all 8 (or 10 not sure) rounds covered for the October issue?

Sorry I don't know much about the Mag thing.

QuadJunkies
09-17-2006, 11:15 PM
I was referring to RaptorRacer ;)

I know what you meant and noticed that as well.

firefighterjosh
09-17-2006, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
I was referring to RaptorRacer ;)

I know what you meant and noticed that as well.

I know my grammar is not always the best:ermm:
Just makin sure

QuadJunkies
09-17-2006, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by firefighterjosh
I know my grammar is not always the best:ermm:

Neither is my spelling:o

I try to proof read and slow down more before I post.. lol

Nausty
09-18-2006, 05:25 AM
dirtwheels=ripoff

those guys must speed so little time on there issues and are probably making so much money.:confused:

rbgnwa45
09-18-2006, 08:15 AM
I love DW and it's really the only quad mag I buy because it has the most pages. I read it from cover to cover, and usually do spot out the grammar errors, but hey, they're only human. It just seems like these days they aren't focusing their attention to the most important topics, and the prices in Canada are also in the 7.50+ range :eek2: I usually stick to racer X :D cheers

Scro
09-18-2006, 07:10 PM
Did anybody see the article on the new KFX in the November issue? It says it is coming with very long travel suspension.:rolleyes:

What's the difference between a normal long travel setup and a very long travel setup?:huh

firefighterjosh
09-18-2006, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by Scro
Did anybody see the article on the new KFX in the November issue? It says it is coming with very long travel suspension.:rolleyes:

What's the difference between a normal long travel setup and a very long travel setup?:huh

LMAO thats funny....

I recived my Oct issue last week and I recived my Nov issue today lol.

bradley300
09-19-2006, 07:33 AM
Originally posted by ilpadrino113
^^^^^
Irony

lmao, geuss you got me on that one. but if you were paying to read what i type, i would hve made sure it was right;)

BlasterEaten250
09-19-2006, 02:28 PM
I still haven't gotton mine:(

RaptorRacer45
09-19-2006, 03:20 PM
Im still Magless also.......its comin though, there slowly arriving around

09-19-2006, 05:22 PM
Dirtwheels sucks. bad.terrible.

ATVInsider is the only one worth reading.
QUAD is ok, but 1 once every 2 months and 90% utility quads isnt my thing.