PDA

View Full Version : where to ride in NJ

krt400ex
09-12-2006, 10:34 AM
is there a placewithin 2hrs of northern nj that is legal to ride at??? i am looking ofr somewhere to ride and i can't find anything

CD400EX
09-12-2006, 03:15 PM
Paragon, ATVNY, all pay to play and not much good terrain for a sports quad.

JW450R1
09-12-2006, 05:08 PM
tower city if u like the rocks
rausch creek is awesome
atco raceway
english town
chatsworth

johnsls
09-13-2006, 07:59 AM
I heard Rausch Creek was pretty cool but haven't been there yet.. I'd like to go sometime soon though.... I think its only about 2hrs from NJ

exrider44
09-13-2006, 09:07 AM
Its ok Idont think its worth the 2 hour drive though. Then again I am spoiled with shore riding.

Dale@AGP
09-13-2006, 12:42 PM
The latest numbers from todayÕs NJ Trails plan survey 9/13/06:

1 Hiking 1245
2 Walking 835
3 Dirt bikes 637
4 Mt bike 634
5 Bike paved 474
6 ATV 402

Take the survey and vote at http://www.njtrailsplan.org/

krt400ex
09-13-2006, 04:32 PM
thanks guys

KiethShwiggy300
09-13-2006, 06:38 PM
down the shore

Crazy lil punk
09-13-2006, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by KiethShwiggy300
down the shore

WHERE IS THAT!!!! I DEFIATLY WANT TO GO THERE. IS IT LEGAL?

KiethShwiggy300
09-13-2006, 08:14 PM
no its not legal and it in manchester the cops are bad over theyre and theyres big fines if you get caught put its so much fun to ride theyre

johnsls
09-14-2006, 07:11 AM
Yeah the shore is great! I rode at a sand quarry a couple months ago and I'm supposed to be going hopefully in a couple weeks,, maybe the wknd of the 23rd.

I also heard you gotta be careful about running from the cops too, I buddy who lives down there told me the don't hold back and they'll smash into you if your running.

rpyfz450
09-14-2006, 07:46 AM
Originally posted by KiethShwiggy300
down the shore
A friend of mine got nabbed riding there about two years ago with his teen aged daughter. After a court appearance, the fines he paid were over $1800 and the judge warned him of a jail sentence for the next time.

Two things to consider:

1. That property is owned by a commercial real estate developer and is destined to become an industrial park or something similar. Why are they putting so much effort into kicking us riders off land that's nothing but a business venture to them anyway?

2. The day my friend recieved his harsh $1800 sentence and a stern warning, two criminals in court earlier that morning were convicted of serious crimes against society but their fines didn't exceed $500.

rpyfz450
09-14-2006, 07:57 AM
Originally posted by johnsls
I heard Rausch Creek was pretty cool

I think that place is awesome and so do many of my friends.

CD400EX
09-14-2006, 08:02 AM
Hovnanian owns it, it's going to become ANOTHER development (seniors) and possibly a small strip mall.

The other pit Manchester is Glidden's. Only one way in that I know of. Last time we were there the cops we chasing us out in Jeep Cherokees. They weren't keeping up but you could tell they werent holding back either. We got away but I heard others didnt.

These forums are too easy for the LEO's to watch. We should start a private email list for PITS! We all know where the race tracks are, not all of us are fast enough for that or wish to ride on a track.

ducman998r
09-14-2006, 08:04 AM
Isnt it a shame? At least I know where tax dollars are going now. Spending $$ to crack down on ATVs... that sucks. But who can resist places like this??

rpyfz450
09-14-2006, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by ducman998r
Isnt it a shame? At least I know where tax dollars are going now. Spending $$ to crack down on ATVs.

It is a shame. The Asarco company mined the land of it's mineral value and polluted it in the process. Hovnanian bought it as a cheap wasteland not so they could preseve open space in the community, but so they could devlop it.

This is an unbelieveably perfect place for motorized recreation. The environment is no longer pristine and, in the end, most of the land will be covered with ashphalt anyway. So why not let us ride there?

Wouldn't it be better to charge $50/person admission than to charge $1800 for the one in a hundred people that get convicted?

krt400ex
09-14-2006, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by rpyfz450
It is a shame. The Asarco company mined the land of it's mineral value and polluted it in the process. Hovnanian bought it as a cheap wasteland not so they could preseve open space in the community, but so they could devlop it.

This is an unbelieveably perfect place for motorized recreation. The environment is no longer pristine and, in the end, most of the land will be covered with ashphalt anyway. So why not let us ride there?

Wouldn't it be better to charge $50/person admission than to charge $1800 for the one in a hundred people that get convicted?

agree 100%, but i asked for legal places to ride. i got scared *****less the other day riding in a new development and someone showed up in a truck. they went into the woods next to the only place to get out and they were waiting for us. we were able to get away, but i don't know if i will ever do that again.

CD400EX
09-14-2006, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by rpyfz450

I would gladly pay $50 a day to ride there legally, and I would be down there at least twice a month too.

But, you're forgeting that this is NJ, the state run by lawyers and insurance companys. That $50 a day from how ever many thousands ride there would go straight to insurance (if they could even get a policy for something like that) even with waivers. Look at how small Chattsowrth is in comparison to Sarco or even Clayton's, and how much they have to charge just to cover their expenses. Don't try to tell me that $45 goes to mantaining the grounds either, because that place is a sh*thole IMO. Paragon is much much larger, and has much better facilitys, but charge substantialy less ($25 for ATV's, $35 for 4x4's) because they don't have the rediculous insurance.

Also consider the potential value of a development that could be constructed on that size of land when (not if) Hovnanian develops it, not to mention the increase in property taxes for Manchester.

Open land like that between NYC and Philly is a goldmine for the rich, even in an enviromentaly unsuitable condition . We get sh*t on :rolleyes:

krt400ex
09-14-2006, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by CD400EX
I would gladly pay $50 a day to ride there legally, and I would be down there at least twice a month too.

But, you're forgeting that this is NJ, the state run by lawyers and insurance companys. That $50 a day from how ever many thousands ride there would go straight to insurance (if they could even get a policy for something like that) even with waivers. Look at how small Chattsowrth is in comparison to Sarco or even Clayton's, and how much they have to charge just to cover their expenses. Don't try to tell me that $45 goes to mantaining the grounds either, because that place is a sh*thole IMO. Paragon is much much larger, and has much better facilitys, but charge substantialy less ($25 for ATV's, $35 for 4x4's) because they don't have the rediculous insurance.

Also consider the potential value of a development that could be constructed on that size of land when (not if) Hovnanian develops it, not to mention the increase in property taxes for Manchester.

Open land like that between NYC and Philly is a goldmine for the rich, even in an enviromentaly unsuitable condition . We get sh*t on :rolleyes:

u r very right. that is the shame of it all.

it all p!$$es me off :mad:

Dale@AGP
09-14-2006, 03:48 PM
Hey Guys, I have two really great ATV events coming up in New Jersey...spread the word.

Everyone is always complaining that thereÕs no place to ride in New Jersey...well IÕm trying to do something about it. I created an ATV series just for you guys so that you would have some place to ride. The events are all legal and insured, we get permits from the state and the town the event are held in and get this we actually make off-road riding respectable and we always get invited back...So if you want a place to ride and not get ticketed or fined hereÕs your chance.

These are the events..if it works IÕll keep doing it and you all will always have someplace legal to ride.

On Saturday October 14 we have the Sahara Sands Eagleswood Cross Country race for ATVÕs
Youth Quads start at 10:00am and race for 1 hour on 3 mile course
Novice Quads start at 11:15 am and race for 1 hour 30 minutes on an 8 mile course
B, A and Pro Quads start at 1:00 and race for 2 hours on an 8 mile course
For info go to: http://www.atlanticgrandprix.com/oct14.html

Then on Sunday October 29th we have the Little Egg Grand Prix in Little Egg Harbor Township New Jersey
Youth Quads start at 10:00am and race for 1 hour on 3 mile course
Novice Quads start at 11:15 am and race for 1 hour 30 minutes on an 8 mile course
B, A and Pro Quads start at 1:00 and race for 2 hours on an 8 mile course
http://www.atlanticgrandprix.com/oct28.html

Dale

CorvetteZ06
09-15-2006, 04:26 AM
This is great! we have to get together in order to get some respect for atv's. We have to take care of the riding spots we do have, that way will have them for years to come. It only takes one idiot to ruin all the riding. By the way, I am in Morris county, always lookin for other riders in the area!

jrkarting07
09-15-2006, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by johnsls
Yeah the shore is great! I rode at a sand quarry a couple months ago and I'm supposed to be going hopefully in a couple weeks,, maybe the wknd of the 23rd.

I also heard you gotta be careful about running from the cops too, I buddy who lives down there told me the don't hold back and they'll smash into you if your running.

Yea watch out cause they will do ne thing and everything to catch u. I had them chasing me threw trails in a durango and just beating the **** outta the truck to try and get me its rough.. and they set up on the end of trails and jump out of the woods and try and tackle you off ur quad.. Some good place to ride though just know ur way out and don't hesitate cause they will arrest you and impound ur Quad

Crazy Diamond
09-16-2006, 12:49 AM
Dale-It's not ALL about racing. I know exactly how these guys feel! Riding in the pits or open spaces that I have seen would be awesome places for parks. Not everyone wants to race. I have a friend that races and I just don't see the fun in it. Screwing around is alot more fun if you ask me. I had a chance to ride in Southern NJ in the spring and had a blast. Going down soon again too. These other places I have seen I would love to ride also. All I have here are coal and silt hills. They are the closest thing to dunes here in PA. But I'll probably die of black lung. Breathing all that snad would probably be alot safer! F**k that development s**t give NJ some parks Damnit!!!

exrider44
09-17-2006, 08:26 PM
KiethShwiggy300 you friends with doc-bones and beerock? I believe I was riding with them the day of the pic you posted.

KiethShwiggy300
09-17-2006, 08:28 PM
no i when i went i didnt have a camera and he posted that pic up and i saved it.

rpyfz450
09-18-2006, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by CD400EX
But, you're forgeting that this is NJ, the state run by lawyers and insurance companys. That $50 a day from how ever many thousands ride there would go straight to insurance (if they could even get a policy for something like that) even with waivers.

Don't try to tell me that $45 goes to mantaining the grounds either, because that place is a sh*thole IMO. Paragon is much much larger, and has much better facilitys, but charge substantialy less ($25 for ATV's, $35 for 4x4's) because they don't have the rediculous insurance.

This is why New Jersey needs a "limited liability" law like Pennsylvania has. Limited liability would eliminate any big $$$$ settlements should a landowner get sued over an ATV incident. Once the lawyers can't get a sizeable cash settlment from ATV accidents, you won't find any more lawsuits.

This is why PA insurance is so cheap compared to NJ. You ride at your own risk and that's that! www.NJOHVA.com is building momentum for a limited liability bill that will benefit us all.

CD400EX
09-18-2006, 03:34 PM
NY has limited-liability too.

westcreekrider
09-18-2006, 05:30 PM
yea i race the Sahara Sands race it is intense

bananas
09-19-2006, 05:09 AM
Sometimes hard. it's the closets some guys and girls will ever see...

krt400ex
09-19-2006, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by bananas
Sometimes hard. it's the closets some guys and girls will ever see...

where is that? is it legal?

exrider44
09-19-2006, 05:51 PM
Thats Gliddens and unfortunately its not legal but its hella fun there!

rpyfz450
09-20-2006, 06:28 AM
Originally posted by krt400ex

hahahahahahaha

That's a knee slapper!

CD400EX
09-20-2006, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by krt400ex

HAHAHAAA!!!!!

If it was legal, do you think there would only be 3 quads in that picture and not 300?!

basically, if it's not a boring race track or your backyard, it's illegal.

I love riding at Glidden's, I'll ride there until they pave it cops or no cops.

Dale@AGP
09-20-2006, 06:48 PM
This is how the NJ Trailsplan Survey numbers look as of September 19 2006

We still need more people to respond and only check-off:
OHV riding (all terrain vehicles)
Motorized Trail Biking/Dirt Biking
Other (please specify)

Because if you check off any of the others the vote is counted as part of that activity.

Hiking (nature experience) 1509
Walking 1002
Motorized Trail Biking/Dirt Biking 754
Mountain Biking (natural terrain or single track) 710
Bicycling (paved or hard packed surface) 580
OHV riding (all terrain vehicles) 511
Horseback Riding 435
Kayaking 362
Jogging/Running 319
Canoeing 299
Backpacking (overnight) 293
Cross-Country Skiing 267
Snow Shoeing 214
Hiking with Stock (horses, mules, etc.) 47
In-Line Skating 44
Dog Sledding 4
Other (please specify)

If you want STATE MANAGED LAND TO RIDE ON then take the survey now at: http://www.njtrailsplan.org/

JAYKNIGHT
09-21-2006, 06:27 AM
ride the pine bearins on the way to LBI

westcreekrider
09-24-2006, 05:27 PM
no but i ride there any way if you want to ride some time jayknight i can show you around one day

Dale@AGP
09-24-2006, 05:46 PM
These are the numbers as of 7:35pm Sunday Sept 23 in order of response totals:

Hiking (nature experience) 1585
Walking 1087
Motorized Trail Biking/Dirt Biking 789
Mountain Biking (natural terrain or single track) 738
Bicycling (paved or hard packed surface) 625
OHV riding (all terrain vehicles) 541
Horseback Riding 499
Kayaking 382
Jogging/Running 344
Other (please specify) 310
Canoeing 306
Backpacking (overnight) 299
Cross-Country Skiing 280
Snow Shoeing 218
Hiking with Stock (horses, mules, etc.) 53
In-Line Skating 49
Dog Sledding 4

Total Respondents 3067

If you want STATE MANAGED LAND TO RIDE ON then take the survey now at: http://www.njtrailsplan.org/

Dale

SnowFlake
09-29-2006, 09:40 PM
i was down there like 2 years ago and its awsome. I wanna go back there is no one around here that i know that still ride. All of my friends sold their bikes. im live on the border of sussex and morris and if anyone wants meet up and ride let me know...