PDA

View Full Version : diamond j widening kits

tannieb
09-12-2006, 10:08 AM
Does anyone have input on the Diamond J Customs widening kits? I'd really like to widen my 250. Any other suggestions?

2006 Suzuki LTR-450 w/Yoshi pipe & Cherry Bomb, K&N, 2007 Honda 250EX w/HMF FS exhaust, K&N Power Pack, 2001 Honda 400EX White Bros pipe, twist throttle, K&N, ITP's, 2005 Polaris Trailblazer HPD Pipe, Jet kit & clutch kit, K&N

BlasterEaten250
09-12-2006, 05:24 PM
I don't have any information myself, but I believe that the member atvfrk10 has that kit on his 250.

Other companies that make wider a-arms are American Star Racing, and Hermann (sp) Racing. Durablue makes wider axles also. Hope this helps.

atvfrk10
09-12-2006, 08:46 PM
The widing kits are good, makes the quad much more stable, and are indestuctible. There are great for trail riding, play riding, and tt's. They'll work fine for mx but If your getting it for serious racing I would highly suggest wider a-arm instead of the widing kit. It will work great for racing (mx, cross country, etc.) but youd be much more pleased with wider a-arms.

I think the American Star Racing a-arm are only 100 dollars more the the kit anyways.

I've had the widing kit on for 2 years and havnt had a single problem with them ( not bending breaking, or breaking anything else ) and this is with me hitting a tree, and being in several bad wrecks.

bradley300
09-13-2006, 07:08 AM
this is the worst designed "widening kit" you can buy. why would wnyone buy a product that ADD's bump steer? there is also a thread about this in the suspension forum

tannieb
09-13-2006, 08:22 AM
Thanks for the input guys. I'm not really into the racing scene, as a participant anyway, I'm more trails and dunes riding. My husband is the crazy racer in this family! I've taken your advice and many others and ordered the kit. We'll see how it does on the dunes next month!

pistonbone
09-13-2006, 04:17 PM
I've got the shock bracket and if the brackets are similar, they are pretty stout and should hold up quite well.