PDA

View Full Version : better handeling

curious george
09-12-2006, 08:51 AM
okay so far i like the z's power with an exhaust, i need a rev box but besides that, this z does not handle any were near as well as a 400ex does. i need to make this thing handle better with out extended a-arms, mybe wheel spacers, and i dont thing just tires are going to do it, maybe suspension, but if you have any other ideas let me know please thanx.

YFZ450Ridr
09-12-2006, 02:34 PM
actually a set of tires will help. when my buddy had stock fronts on his 450r my old Z handled better than it because it tended to slide in the corners. once he got razr 2s it was a lot more precise. i found that on the z400 when the shocks are the stiffest it seems to handle its best, but its also a very harsh ride. a steering dampner might help you out some, it did for me.

Villageidiott23
09-19-2006, 08:04 AM
hey dude, i felt the same way with mine when i first got it. so i busted out the owners man. and started tweakin with the compression on the shocks, and its a load of difference. i noticed jumpin the bike would bottom too much and racin thru the woods the nose would push and trying to control it would tire my arms out. so i turned the compression in. if you need to you can also mess with the rebound but thats not gonna make much diff unless your bikes buckin too much