PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Running Float Air's Up Front?

RacinRed
09-12-2006, 01:38 AM
I've recently posted a question concerning this issue, but I'm hoping for a response from an actual user of these shocks.

I ride an 88' TRX 250R, and I want to replace my stock front shocks with a set of Fox Float Air Shocks. These shocks weigh a few pounds less than my stock setup, and with the sand riding I do, I think they'll be perfect. As I mentioned in my previous question, Fox told me that they had no factory applicable shock for my bike, but the 400EX version was nearly an identical match in eye to eye length. The guy I talked to said it would work, and he even mentioned other guys with 250R's that were using them as well. But, considering my bike is not spec'd for Fox Float's, the warranty will be for 90 days only, and as far as my bike is concerned, I have no real idea of how they'll perform.

Does anyone have any experience with these shocks on their 250R? Are there any threads/links I can be led to? I want all the info I can come across so I can make an informed decision, because if these shocks work well, I want them - no matter what the warranty is. If anyone has any info, please let me know - I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks - Brian