PDA

View Full Version : Banshee frontends..

Mxjunkie
09-11-2006, 11:16 PM
I'm looking to get a +2 +1 front end.. I dont really want to spend an arm and a leg though.. I'm running the yfz front shock's I was just wondering if anyone knew of a decent set of a-arm's for Banshee's that are the best bang for the buck.

flip73
09-12-2006, 05:32 AM
check out quicksandmotorsports.com.

I'll admit there are plenty out there to choose from, most are a great product. I've been looking as well and I've pretty much settled on Quicksand. You can get the .120's with extra gusseting for $550. Only issue I had is that they're hemi's and not ball joints. I'd prefer hemi's but not where I ride...I ride a lot of mud and trail crap and was worried about the hemi's. From what I hear, they use a much better quality hemi than others. I've spoken with people that have used them and have plenty of time on them in trail riding and racing and no issues. Just one option, I'm sure you'll get more, but worth a look. You could pick up the Elka sport/race shocks pretty reasonable and have a nice set up.

Also might be worth looking at BansheeHQ, they have a suspension forum there with quite a bit of info.

Good luck with it

djguestone
04-26-2007, 01:12 PM
Which A Arms did you end up with? Still running yfz shocks?
I run those Quicksands listed above, found them used..
Great Aarms, never had a problem with them.

banshee84
04-26-2007, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by Mxjunkie
I'm looking to get a +2 +1 front end.. I dont really want to spend an arm and a leg though.. I'm running the yfz front shock's I was just wondering if anyone knew of a decent set of a-arm's for Banshee's that are the best bang for the buck.

have you ever rode a banshee with 2+1 a-arms? They handle great you will be impressed. Good luck on the search.

Mxjunkie
04-27-2007, 04:51 AM
I rode one banshee with burgard/elka and I was amazed how much of a differance it makes!

I want the Janseen outlaw front end but 1800+ is a tad bit steep for me at the time being :p

TWILES
04-27-2007, 07:38 AM
Here's my old front-end. HSD Racing makes it. I "custom ordered" that first one which is the one in the pictures. He said on his website "custom a-arms availible upon request" so I requested this one. I told him I wanted it to be 49 1/2" wide with the longest ZPS shock he could get on it and 4+1 wheels. If it was castor adjustable and I could have gotten the front tires to stick a little better it would have handled as good as any 250R. The only downfall was that it pushed just a little more than my 250R did. I don't know what it would end up costing but you won't get better. www.hsdracing.com

He didn't have any pictures on the site the last time I looked. Email him. Mark is the owner.

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t300/TWILES_21/Symmetry_Banshee.jpg

CrackerboyLV
05-04-2007, 03:48 PM
If your really on a budget, use Stock YFZ arms. They are cheap, and easy to get since everyone with a YFZ takes them off. You will need to move your shock mounts, and make new mounts for the frame at the back end of the a arms. You should be able to do the whole job for less than $150. I've been running them on mine since the middle of 2004 and haven't had any problems.

Big Photo (http://w1.bikepics.com/pics/2004/12/23/bikepics-262362-full.jpg)

firefighterjosh
05-06-2007, 07:19 PM
I thought you where getting a fo fiddy?