PDA

View Full Version : Please Help No Spark

HEARTLESS
09-11-2006, 09:13 PM
hEY IM WORKING ON A 88 250R... IT HAS NO SPARK...... THE MEACHNIC BEFORE ME HAD BEEN THROWING PARTS AT IT. ITS GOT A BRAND NEW STATOR, PULSER, CDI BOX, AND FLYWHEEL.. COSTUMER SAYS THE BIKE RAN FINE INTELL HE POWDER COATED IT... I CHECKED THE CHASSIS GROUND AND IT OK, I WENT BACK AND CHECKED ALL THE NEW PARTS THEY ALL ARE OK ALL SWITECHES SEEM TO WORK..... ANY IDEAS FROM U 250R GUYS OUT THERE...... AND NEW COILS I FORGOT TO MENTION THAT.... THIS BIKE HAS A COMPLETE NEW IGNITION SYSTEM.... AND WHATS SAD ITS NOT THAT HARD OF ONE ITS PROBBABLY THE EASIEST.... PLEASE HELP EVERYONE TO SOLVE THIS PROBLEM...... AND THE BIKE HAS NO HEADLIGHTS HOOKED UP...... THANKS

custom R
09-12-2006, 01:21 AM
are you sure your wireing harness is good you might have a broken wire or a grounded wire or something might be messed up in one of the connections

firefighterjosh
09-12-2006, 01:30 AM
Isn't there more then 1 ground? Isn't there ussually 3? Sounds like a bad ground still.

wilkin250r
09-12-2006, 02:39 AM
New stator, new flywheel, new pulse coil, new CDI, new coil?

Not many things left. There's the spark plug cap, wire harness, and switches.

Check the pulse generator. If it's not close enough to the flywheel, you won't get a proper trigger off it.

If the frame was coated, check, double-check, and then re-check your grounds.

And don't automatically discount the possibility that one of your "new" components might actually be faulty. It's been known to happen.

C-LEIGH RACING
09-12-2006, 07:45 AM
What about where the engine bolts to the frame, the P/C on those mounting tabs, was those cleaned off before the engine was installed.
The mounting place where the coil mounts to the frame, has the P/C been cleaned off there.
One way to check to see if its a grounding point, take a piece of wire, skin the ends, mount one end to the bolt at the wiring harness ground & run to the coil mount & then down to the engine block.
You main ignition wire in the harness at any connection point is the black wire with the white stripe.
Neil

HEARTLESS
09-12-2006, 08:14 AM
im going to work today ill try it maybe the engine isnt grounding out.... i dont think the coil grounds out on the frame it has rubber tabs.... but ill check it out maybe i over looked something thanks guys ill let you know what happens jake

GOTFEAR
09-15-2006, 09:55 PM
I had the same problem i just ran all grounds to gether and conected it to the stater plate my problem was solved

lee37vernon
09-16-2006, 06:17 PM
maybe a daft question but , you are giving it a proper kick over are'nt you . i rebuilt mine over a year . went to start it and found no spark , it takes one hell of a kick compared to my tri z to get a spark and a running quad with my r . maybe something really silly eh ...:rolleyes:

C-LEIGH RACING
09-16-2006, 09:12 PM
I had forgot all about that, if you dont spin the crank at least 750 rpms it wont produce a spark.
Neil

Aceman
09-16-2006, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by C-LEIGH RACING
I had forgot all about that, if you dont spin the crank at least 750 rpms it wont produce a spark.
Neil

That explains a lot. I remember checking my spark one day to see how good it was and it didn't even spark when I kicked it over slow!:huh I thought that was weird, so I screwed the plug back in and it fired right up like usual. I thought I had a really weak coil if I couldn't even see the spark even though my R still ran fine. Now I know better.

C-LEIGH RACING
09-17-2006, 11:48 AM
Sorry about that guys, forgot about the rpm thing.

When you've done the change over to the CR ignition system you sometimes forget about all the problems with the old stock TRX system.
Neil