PDA

View Full Version : ATK Race Team

peterock
09-11-2006, 08:25 PM
Wish I could chime in with a little more, but my information is limited right now. However, I know as the season is starting to wind down, everyone is already looking at next year. I will have a better idea at the end of this month. If things go as planned, I will be looking for 2-3 riders.

If the following sounds interesting to you send me your resume if you are a racer. If you are a dealer or can provide support, send me your information as well with details of what you can provide and what you would need in return.

Here is what I'm working on:
1. New ATK quad at a substantial discount. Higher your racing level, the more of a discount I can push for.
2. Parts credit with ATK.
3. Parts at cost or slightly above cost from ATK.
4. Possible spare engine if running ProAm or higher at the national level.
5. Qualify for ATK contigency on top of all of this.
6. Plan to have an entire network of joint sponsors providing tires, oil, fuel, etc........You join the team, you don't have to worry about any other sponsors.
7. More details and sponsors being worked on everyday.

This is the works for an ATK backed race team. While I can't quarantee everything mentioned above as of yet, I am working on details with Frank White every week to launch ATK back into the racing community. I've set everything in motion to make this happen.

email me at atkracing@sbcglobal.net with your resume or if interested in sponsoring the team.

Pete Feldner

trx400exxracer
09-11-2006, 08:42 PM
i would send my resume but i am only 15 and have plenty of time to practice and get ready for the nationals in 2008 and run half in 2007 but i am eager to see how this team will do i always thought these quads have major potential!!!

Toadz400
09-11-2006, 10:20 PM
Ah man, why did I have to read that?

I was planning on buying an ATK before I bought my YFZ but couldn't find a dealer close enough to me (closest one was over 4 hours away). Now I'm starting school in a few months and am selling the YFZ. I tried racing on my YFZ (stock) and loved it and even did great, I know I have the potential to go far if I had the money/support I needed. But unfortunately I don't, so I'm going to school and getting out of riding. Maybe when I get back from school I can get into the sport again and hopefully into racing as it's always been my dream.

stocktires
09-11-2006, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by peterock
Wish I could chime in with a little more, but my information is limited right now. However, I know as the season is starting to wind down, everyone is already looking at next year. I will have a better idea at the end of this month. If things go as planned, I will be looking for 2-3 riders.

If the following sounds interesting to you send me your resume if you are a racer. If you are a dealer or can provide support, send me your information as well with details of what you can provide and what you would need in return.

Here is what I'm working on:
1. New ATK quad at a substantial discount. Higher your racing level, the more of a discount I can push for.
2. Parts credit with ATK.
3. Parts at cost or slightly above cost from ATK.
4. Possible spare engine if running ProAm or higher at the national level.
5. Qualify for ATK contigency on top of all of this.
6. Plan to have an entire network of joint sponsors providing tires, oil, fuel, etc........You join the team, you don't have to worry about any other sponsors.
7. More details and sponsors being worked on everyday.

This is the works for an ATK backed race team. While I can't quarantee everything mentioned above as of yet, I am working on details with Frank White every week to launch ATK back into the racing community. I've set everything in motion to make this happen.

email me at atkracing@sbcglobal.net with your resume or if interested in sponsoring the team.

Pete Feldner

Glad to hear! Good Luck!

trick250r
09-12-2006, 08:14 AM
what kind of factory support would there be? I know that there are not a lot of people who are familiar with the ATK engines; it would take some time and testing to put out the higher numbers on the dyno.

CannondaleRider
09-12-2006, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by trick250r
what kind of factory support would there be? I know that there are not a lot of people who are familiar with the ATK engines; it would take some time and testing to put out the higher numbers on the dyno.

....A few CannondaleRiders guys have hit the 56 horsepower mark.....and that was the last I heard, awhile back.

trick250r
09-12-2006, 08:29 AM
what numbers are natalie, byrd, gust... getting? i heard something about byrd getting around 69 but i dont know how true that was.

bradley300
09-12-2006, 08:31 AM
byrd is getting low to mid 60's from what i have heard

smr
09-12-2006, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by bradley300
byrd is getting low to mid 60's from what i have heard

Does Grissom still build Byrd's motors or does sombody at Honda do it?

Nick110
09-12-2006, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by smr
Does Grissom still build Byrd's motors or does sombody at Honda do it?

Dan Lamey from Dasa builds it.

shano
09-12-2006, 01:31 PM
Cannondales/atk's have PLENTY of powe to keep up, aslong as they are fully set up for mx, they can keep up to Byrd, Gust or Spader or anything out there..

I would gladly accept this, but I already have my own Cannondale and Im porbably only running 2 nationals next year.

jcv400ex
10-12-2006, 07:41 AM
To the Top!

Ace Racing would be the company to hook up with. They ran a competitve Cannondale team. I wish someone would run one at a pro level at the nationals.

These machines can perform at a National level. I had Bobby Ross on one and when he wasn't riding over his head, he did very well in Pro Am on one.

duke416ex
10-12-2006, 08:33 AM
How will this apply for xc racers?

peterock
10-12-2006, 02:29 PM
Right now this is only going to be MX based. We will have to see what we cand do for TT, ST, and XC.

duke416ex
10-13-2006, 10:40 AM
pm me or let me know if any more details come up for xc. Me and my brother both had canondales in the past and might be interested in factory support with atk.

firefighterjosh
10-16-2006, 01:14 AM
I would like to see more ppl join ATK. I have practiced MX but am not going to race it. My dad has a original C-dale and all he has is HMF pipe and he beats my modded banshee. SO they are fast

Come on someone should want to help ATK OUT!!!