PDA

View Full Version : torching the plastic

stupid driver
08-30-2002, 01:27 PM
ok, that plastic renew is becoming a hassle, so can somebody tell me how to torch the plastic? how does it look when its done? anything will help thanks

RytM1
08-30-2002, 08:37 PM
Depends on what you are trying to "torch". I did that on the edges of my front fenders when I cut them. I wouldn't try that on the larger top surfaces. If you are trying to get back to shiny plastic, I used some floor wax. Just wiped a few coats on, and let them dry. Lots o' compliments.

yamaha1470
08-31-2002, 08:20 AM
Here is a way to avoid spending hundreds of dollars for new plastic. Take a bottle of Fantastik cleaning spray, a bottle of Dawn liquid soap and a bristled brush. (Toothbrushes or car scrubbers with large white bristles work best.) First pour some Dawn soap onto the plastic in a swirl design. Next, spray a good amount of Fantastik cleaner on top of the soap and plastic. After a few moments, begin brushing the plastic with lit pressure and work area for several minutes. Spray off with water and you will be left with a incredible shine crystal clean plastic. (Fantastik spray and Dawn cause a mixture that brings out fades and staines. Works amazing on deck furniture too.)

Mark
08-31-2002, 12:31 PM
OEM 400EX PLASTIC IS VERY CHEAP, AND FOR THE PRICE IS WELL WORTH JUST REPLACING NOW AND THEN. CHECK INTO SOME MAIL ORDER OEM PLACES BEFORE YOU PUT TOO MUCH EFFORT INTO YOURS.

JUST A THOUGHT............:)

brian400ex
08-31-2002, 04:17 PM
I did it on my rear fender. It works good! Use some light sand paper and sand the scratches out of it then use a propane torch and go over the plastic. Keep moving the flame so it doesn't get to hot.