PDA

View Full Version : Moto X a Blaster info wanted

blasterstan
09-11-2006, 07:23 PM
I was bored sunday and found my self going to Southern Maryland Atv Park. I was my first time there and it was GREAT!!!

I spent alittle time on the trails which were very nice. I was also somewhat intimidated by the Moto X track but eventually made my way to it. Made a lap going kinda slow to check it out to see what it was like, Then I gave my Blaster all it had and was getting some nice air with it. But in the back of my mind I was wondering how much it could take?

Is the Blaster capable of constant Moto Xing?

What kinda upgrades are needed for Moto X?

Thanks
Stan

bradley300
09-12-2006, 05:08 AM
the suspension wont do very well, but the motor will do OK with a good pipe, filter and re-jet. porting and a big carb is nice, but i would do suspension first. SMS has some +5.6 +1 LT a-arms for 650 i think, you could get those, some decent works shocks (or tcs/elka if you have the money) and an extended axle and it would handle really well. the a-arms bring the width to a little over 49 inches, if thats too wide you could get +3+1 a-arms instead
www.snydermotorsports.net

blasterstan
09-12-2006, 06:49 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by bradley300
the suspension wont do very well, but the motor will do OK with a good pipe, filter and re-jet. porting and a big carb is nice, but i would do suspension first. SMS has some +5.6 +1 LT a-arms for 650 i think, you could get those, some decent works shocks (or tcs/elka if you have the money) and an extended axle and it would handle really well. the a-arms bring the width to a little over 49 inches, if thats too wide you could get +3+1 a-arms instead
www.snydermotorsports.net [/QUOTE

I aready have a Toomy full kit, a Twin air filter,Dial A jet but not sure on jetting? What carb would be a good upgrade?

I also have ITP hole shots on the front with MXR4 on the rear with douglas red labels. Will they be ok for the abuse of jumping?

What do the +5.6+1 and +3+1 mean? What will the width do for it? Thanks for the info and the link. I am new to this sport and dont know all the lingo yet.Only had the quad for a month now and it my second one. First one was like 10 years ago and only had it for six months and now at 32 I got a wild hair and had to have another one.

Thanks

bradley300
09-12-2006, 08:17 PM
the +5.6 means that the a-arms are 5.6 inches wider than stock on each side., the +1 means they also push the spindles an inch foward. so with the +5.6+1 a-arms, the quad wil be 49.5 inches wide (with 4-1 offset wheels) and the quad will also be an inch longer. the benifits, are the added width will help you carry much higher speed thru the corners, and the +1 foward makes it steer a little better, as well as being a little more stable. this is pretty much a strict mx/tt/desert set up, if you ride trails, you would like the +3+1 a-arms better, they add 6 inches to the width of your quad. they are the a-arms i use at the GNCC series

your wheels and tires seem fine for mx

firefighterjosh
09-12-2006, 08:32 PM
Gusset the Frame and you will need a new swing arm evenssualy. They seem to crack after hard abuse.