PDA

View Full Version : color scheme opinions

ny300exrider
09-11-2006, 03:41 PM
so i've had my 05 450r for almost 2 years now and its been almost a year since ive bought some stuff for it. instead of selling it like i had planned on, i think im just going to take some of my money i made over the summer and give it some new mods. i want to keep the black plastics but im trying to decide on what to do with the rest of the color scheme. as of right now i dont plan on pcing the frame, but i would consider adding an accent color to things such as the hiper rings, hubs,bar pad,grips,possibly graphics, and all kinds of misc. parts. i was thinking orange as the secondary color, or possibly yellow but the all stealth black style is an option as well. anyone got any opinions on what they would do to spruce up my quad other than the frame?add in a new color, or stay with the all black? i also plan on getting some black front rims as well.

thanks

Ruby Soho
09-11-2006, 05:26 PM
keep black plastics, have zesty orange hiper rings, orange graphics, and everything else cosmetic orange

or red

or blue

that would look insane

ny300exrider
09-11-2006, 05:48 PM
yeah im feelin the black plastics, orange hiper rings, black front rims, orange hubs and all other misc. stuff. im not sure about graphics, i do like the no graphic look so ill have to see on that.

bansheerider4
09-11-2006, 07:00 PM
or you can go with the black plastics with the hipers blue and black rims

seen it somewhere and it looked sweet but idont remember where

ny300exrider
09-11-2006, 08:09 PM
im looking to do something alittle different. not much of a black/blue or black/red fan since its been done alot.

Scro
09-11-2006, 08:12 PM
Green frame with black or white plastics. It would be different and definately look sweet.

400exrider707
09-11-2006, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by Scro
Green frame with black or white plastics. It would be different and definately look sweet.

Theres a kid around here who races who has a black 450 with a neon green frame. DONT DO IT. Its gross. I would say go with yellow. I personally am a fan of orange, but I think it can either make or break your quad. I've only seen a few orange quads that were really nice (quadjunkies for one) and I've seen a lot that I didn't like. I think its one of the easiest colors that could mess up the looks of your quad. Yellow and black would be sick though. Black everything with a canary yellow frame. That would be hott

firefighterjosh
09-12-2006, 01:44 AM
Go with a Neon Orange Frame/Graphics/Hubs/Rings

ny300exrider
09-12-2006, 04:23 AM
thanks for the replies....right now its between yellow and orange i think. i've always loved black and yellow quads, and i do agree with 400exrider that orange can either make or break a machine. i already have someone with yellow rings who will trade me...i just have to think it out alittle bit more.