PDA

View Full Version : maxxis 4snow clearance

ny300exrider
09-11-2006, 01:52 PM
im looking into getting a set of snow tires for this coming winter and the maxxis 4snow/ams zipper style tire is definitly looking good. i ride the snow covered roads for miles and im looking for something alittle better than my holeshots. the only thing im concerned with is the clearence. i have a 450r with ac propeg nerfs with heelguards. does anyone have any experience with these type of tires? will the tires rub on my nerfs when i excellerate due to the balloon style tire? i would like to get a set of these over the more square style tires, but i want to make sure they will fit first.

btw-i dont want to take off the nerfs for the winter, so if they are going to rub i guess i will have to find something else

thanks

44oEX
09-11-2006, 01:56 PM
well I had them on my 400ex with AC nerfs, and will be running them again this year on the R with nerfs again, I can't see it being a problem, as long as your nerfs/ heel guard don't stick out past your fender to much you should be ok. the maximum the tires will expand to is 28 inches, so mesure from your hub to see if you have 14 inches of clearance all the way around...and thats the most they can go, they probably won't reach that big.

hope it helps

ps. and there are by far the BEST snow tires ever....WAY better then holeshots in snow

ny300exrider
09-11-2006, 02:03 PM
awsome man thanks a TON for the quick reply. ill go give it a quick measure and if it looks good ill get my order going.

thanks again

81 clark racing
09-11-2006, 08:35 PM
ride the snow covered roads for miles. soooo much fun we do it here and the cops dont evn bother casing us its awesome we go every where. put i run holeshot hds and they work good

ny300exrider
09-13-2006, 02:47 PM
yeah man same here.. i look forward to the snow all year round. when we get a nice storm, you see quads and sleds riding around all over and like you said most cops wont even bother messing with you.