PDA

View Full Version : hybrid questions

rollie
09-11-2006, 12:18 PM
i saw a CRF at the races yesterday and im thinking it might be sick to race next season, What is the ballpark for a used Full Walsh/pep CRF with an extra engine, its around an 03( not sure) its all white. Also hows the maintence on a CRF engine in the quad frame? do they break often? i would guess an aftermarket frame would be much stronger than a stock 450R frame also...thanks:cool:

Nick shupe
09-11-2006, 02:38 PM
I have a Lonestar CRF 450 hybrid with a back up 490 engine i love the power of the CRF it pulls hard from top to bottom. I've found that you really need to keep on valve adjustment that's real importent that you do that. As far as frames go depending on how hard you ride they'll all crack I've had to have my frame welded a couple of times it happens out on the track. I love my hybrid it's down write nasty

rollie
09-11-2006, 03:15 PM
how often (how many races) do you have to adjust the vavles and is that something i can learn? i dont wanna be taking it to the shop every 2 weeks and dropping $200 to get them adjusted:ermm:

2muchquad
09-11-2006, 10:55 PM
Buy a $70 shim kit and you can shim the valves yourself in about a hour once you get the procedure down pat,its really easy.;) Usually every 30 to 40 hrs check on them.I would usually shim 2 or 3 times ,after that i would replace the valves.Stainless steel valves last longer and the motor still revs quick regardless of whats been said.:rolleyes: