PDA

View Full Version : TRX 450R displacement 570cc

Falicon
09-11-2006, 06:44 AM
This is a dyno done by Ron Hamp.

chad502ex
09-11-2006, 10:50 AM
great result!

I beleive in both Falicon and Ron Hamp Cylce.

For comparison purposes, my 530R did that... just a bit shy on tq.

:macho

buck naked-r
09-11-2006, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by chad502ex
great result!

I beleive in both Falicon and Ron Hamp Cylce.

For comparison purposes, my 530R did that... just a bit shy on tq.

:macho

wouldn't the blue line build on this dyno beat the red in a short drag being that the power comes on quicker?

chad502ex
09-11-2006, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by buck naked-r
wouldn't the blue line build on this dyno beat the red in a short drag being that the power comes on quicker?

No, you should not be comparing the 'blue' to 'red' being seperated as they are in mph...

If you wanted to get a sense of comparing the 'before' and 'after' runs i posted you would have overlaped the cross-over points of 5250rpm

In other words, the position where the 'red' hp curve crosses the 'red' tq curve is 5250 rpm.

The position where the 'blue' hp curve crosses the 'blue' tq curve is 5250rpm.

different gearing is what causes the power to be made at different speeds. If the plot was in RPM, they would nearly overlap, except where hp on the 'after' setup was made...

buck naked-r
09-11-2006, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by chad502ex
No, you should not be comparing the 'blue' to 'red' being seperated as they are in mph...

If you wanted to get a sense of comparing the 'before' and 'after' runs i posted you would have overlaped the cross-over points of 5250rpm

In other words, the position where the 'red' hp curve crosses the 'red' tq curve is 5250 rpm.

The position where the 'blue' hp curve crosses the 'blue' tq curve is 5250rpm.

different gearing is what causes the power to be made at different speeds. If the plot was in RPM, they would nearly overlap, except where hp on the 'after' setup was made...

Okay i see what you mean............the guy that dyno's my bike told me about using the same gearing when comparing graphs..

i remeber the guy who has a 530>>>jim i think] said he was running 15/33 on "19"tires........he must have ALOT of power to pull that.

chad502ex
09-11-2006, 06:52 PM
either way- not discounting the 570cc dyno runs

that tq is monsterous at 5500 - 8000 rpm... wow!

again- great job!