PDA

View Full Version : Florence Mo

yfz450xc
09-11-2006, 04:15 AM
Florence Mo Poor Boys is the next round, Been talking to them alot and it will be back to the old school of fine MHSC racing.
That means tecnical and tight, they have been working on it for the past couple weeks.
The throphys are awesome and we have overall's for the the pro class ( 3 foot tall) and the 90 class ( 2 feet tall)
I will be setting up the pee wee course's and hope to have some great stuff for them.
this is the last ATV race of the series so lets support our ATV buddies by a good showing.
Theses guy's and gals have been racing our series before most of us were ever on ATV's and are good ole home down folks as well.
Keep checking for up dates
Scott

I might be heading down this weekend for some more work time if anyone is interested,:D

MO-EX-RIDER
09-11-2006, 04:04 PM
i was looking foward to this race, but you said tight and tecnical:eek2: :eek2: JK!

watts16
09-11-2006, 04:10 PM
Ill be there:blah:

geogeorge
09-11-2006, 06:03 PM
Am I to big to race the 90 class Scott?

I'm there. With one race to go there are still three people in the hunt for the stock class. Its winner take all at this race.

sspalco
09-11-2006, 06:32 PM
count the shrum's in

yfz450xc
09-11-2006, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by MO-EX-RIDER
i was looking foward to this race, but you said tight and tecnical:eek2: :eek2: JK!

Anybody can race wide open , this track could make alot of point diffrence's that is for sure.
Scott:D

SHEP400EX
09-12-2006, 07:24 PM
me and lil man will be there. my back is sore from last weekend so i hope its better by then. our class has a big race for 3rd so its down to last race for us too. i was hoping for 2nd but thats not happening this year.
tony shepherd

millphoto
09-12-2006, 08:04 PM
Me and Steve and our neighbor Bradley will be there.

QuadRacinGirl
09-14-2006, 06:52 PM
I guess I had better be there! Looking forward to seeing everyone. Gonna be a nice track, but yeah, it is not as wide open as a lot of the modern tracks these days! We always mix in some new trail so you aren't riding the same old path year after year though.

Pee Wee race too (thanks to Scott) so bring the little ones!!

yfz450xc
09-15-2006, 03:40 AM
Originally posted by QuadRacinGirl
I guess I had better be there! Looking forward to seeing everyone. Gonna be a nice track, but yeah, it is not as wide open as a lot of the modern tracks these days! We always mix in some new trail so you aren't riding the same old path year after year though.

Pee Wee race too (thanks to Scott) so bring the little ones!!

For those of you that dont know , Florence has alot of land to use and can throw in some new stuff this year as well. It will be a good race interesting race for the last one of the year, I am excited about it. The Pee Wee atv class's will be a little diffrent though , they will be like they should be.
50 cc class -- diffrent course
70cc to 80cc Class
90 cc class-with a big over all throphy
See you all there.
Scott:D:D

motoboy66
09-15-2006, 10:07 AM
i have to be there, as we are in a close race in b vet too. Make it dusty, i ride better that way i guess. Also make it so my old 400 can get through one more race. See you all there.

Todd

MossboysRacing
09-16-2006, 01:41 PM
All three Moss's will be there

tprender
09-17-2006, 08:12 AM
If anyone has room for me, I would like to go to this one if possible. I am not bringing anything but the contingency stuff to give out at the end and talk about what is in the works for next year. Don't want to drive by myself.

yfz450xc
09-17-2006, 02:40 PM
Just got off the phone with the florence Boss ( Quadracingirl) and said it looks like approx 9 miles ,they have had a 1/2 " of rain so far and have had heavy dew in the mornings, so it looks like dust will no be a big issue this time. The temperture is saying low 70's so we cant ask for more than that.
The Pee Wee ATV class's are
50 Mini -- Seperate course 30 minutes

Seperate course 45 Minutes
70-80 cc
90 cc -- with a big overall throphy

Bike Class' s are
Pee Wee B Class
Pee Wee C Class
50 Auto Beginner
50 Auto Advanced

Tom I am leaving friday around 4pm and can give you a rdie but not coming back till sunday morning. Let me know.
Scott

tprender
09-17-2006, 08:12 PM
Sorry, Scott, but I have to be back Sat night. Thanks for the offer.

royh
09-17-2006, 10:10 PM
Blanton and I will be there.

jlm996s
09-19-2006, 07:17 PM
How far is the track from the town of Florence?

79400ex
09-19-2006, 07:26 PM
one or two mile south of it.

bjones
09-20-2006, 05:28 PM
Hey Tom If you want to ride down with Scott you can ride with me to back to St. louis saturday after the race.

bryan

yfz450xc
09-20-2006, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by 79400ex
one or two mile south of it.

Mike is right , it is approx 3-4 miles on your left hand side, turn on to a gravel road left, then down about 1/4 miles first trun on right through gate, it's really easy to find.
Scott

jlm996s
09-20-2006, 06:51 PM
Thanks for the replies...just trying to map out my day.

geogeorge
09-20-2006, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by bjones
Hey Tom If you want to ride down with Scott you can ride with me to back to St. louis saturday after the race.

bryan

Tom called last night. He has to work saturday so he will not be there.

Bryan you going to pit for me?

SHEP400EX
09-20-2006, 09:47 PM
Me and garrett will be there, he is excited to have another pee wee race- he told me that he will finish 1st and i will finish 3rd, he is sooo funny. didnt get the parts for mine so i will just race as is and hope for the best. cant wait to see all of you but at the same time hate for the season to end. hey justin rains if you see this let me know if i need to bring the plastic fenders for you. thanks
shep

yfz450xc
09-21-2006, 03:37 AM
Originally posted by SHEP400EX
Me and garrett will be there, he is excited to have another pee wee race- he told me that he will finish 1st and i will finish 3rd, he is sooo funny. didnt get the parts for mine so i will just race as is and hope for the best. cant wait to see all of you but at the same time hate for the season to end. hey justin rains if you see this let me know if i need to bring the plastic fenders for you. thanks
shep

Thats great garrett is excited I kinow brian and Tyler Shep get that way still to and I am sure zak does as well. brian will be on his 70 again cause i still dopnt have his 50 done, but he is doing really good on the 70 .
See you all there late friday.

yfz450xc
09-21-2006, 07:50 PM
everyone be sure to get ahold of me i have the new edition of ATv racing extra and it has the dimes race info in it, this months star's are , Hulsey, range, wyatt, geoff, DJJ Shrum, Garrett, tyler zak, and brian Johnson.
haven had time to talk to the florence crew yet but it looks like a chance of rain all weekend, but at least it hasnt been getting poured on there so far so that is good news..
See you all saturday morning.
scott :D

dj400ex
09-21-2006, 09:33 PM
yeah hope that creek isnt full like over the plastics D: but ill cya guys at the race.. ill have to get that atv extra from ya scott thanks

motoboy66
09-22-2006, 09:48 AM
I think I will wear my life jacket for this race, no life guards on duty. I hope its not that wet though.

watts16
09-22-2006, 03:29 PM
Were heading out right now. Had a little setback when putting my quad back together last night. Should be there around 1030.

yfz450xc
09-22-2006, 06:39 PM
I know it'sw l;ate but spoke to them a bit ago , no rain thus far but expecting a shoer tonight, cours eis a mix of old and new with a very large variety, they say it is the fastest it has ever been , but remember we are talking old pioneers here so be prepared.
see you all there.
Scott :D

jdwxv3
09-22-2006, 07:27 PM
I will be there but just watching. Zack and Casey will be racing.

Johnny & Monica
09-23-2006, 04:29 PM
Just talked to Hazzard. He said Jake Wyatt took first Zac Johnson second, Ron Bloodworth third and Josh Eaton fourth. Blanton got a third in his class. Butler came out of nowhere and smoked the +40 class. Pat O'neil took third and Roy Hazzard got fourth in th +40. Gaylon Harris jumped up to the A class and took a second I think is what Roy said. Sounds like a fun race. Said track was dry and dusty.

DJJ450r
09-23-2006, 09:38 PM
Dave hicks won, and everyone else got a place back from what roy said:blah: I got 1st in B class and 9th overall.:macho

watts16
09-23-2006, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by DJJ450r
Dave hicks won, and everyone else got a place back from what roy said:blah: I got 1st in B class and 9th overall.:macho
Great race. You were MOVING:p. I got 2nd in B. Damn trees kept jumoing out at me:blah:

Johnny & Monica
09-23-2006, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by DJJ450r
everyone else got a place back from what roy said:blah:

Go figure!;)

jdwxv3
09-23-2006, 11:16 PM
Yea Devon you and Greg were both flying.....Devon probaly beat the overall in A by the time adjustment...if not it had to have been close.

watts16
09-23-2006, 11:46 PM
Yea he did beat them with the time adjustment.

smr
09-24-2006, 04:40 AM
Who won the stock class?

yfz450xc
09-24-2006, 06:58 AM
Glad every had fun the florence crew really worked hard on this one that is for sure, the pee wee race did ok considering the short amount of time for set up but we managed, glad to see everyone made it through and no one got hurt.
Scott :D

ronnie
09-24-2006, 07:04 AM
Originally posted by yfz450xc
Glad every had fun the florence crew really worked hard on this one that is for sure, the pee wee race did ok considering the short amount of time for set up but we managed, glad to see everyone made it through and no one got hurt.
Scott :D it was a great race.hey scott do you know if you get class points for a dnf

scramblerracer
09-24-2006, 07:28 AM
Originally posted by smr
Who won the stock class?

That really good looking Josh Lawrence did. Rodney House in 2nd Kevin Kufahl 3rd, Jerry Vinyard 4th, Barry Meuller 5th,Gabrial Hinshaw 6th, Clint Kitchen 7th, Geoff George 8th, and Casey Werdehausen DNF

Great race great track very rough!

jdwxv3
09-24-2006, 08:01 AM
I belive in the stock class Clint Kitchens tranny messed up in his YFZ and my bro Casey had his throttle sticking open for some reason. Geoff seemed to have hurt his hand or wrist but I dunno. Rondney HOuse had a huge lead....I dont know what happened to him but that SEXY Josh Lawrence guy just kept chugging away to take the win...Good ride Josh L!

See ya, Josh W.

scramblerracer
09-24-2006, 09:04 AM
Thanks Josh W. Thanks for the track side encouragement- it helps. If Casey could have a whole race with no problems he would be very hard to keep up with. Hopefully by next year he will have all of the bugs out. Geoff hit a tree hard and bent something in the front end, Rodney had a bad crash along the creek- rocks over your head area. He said he fell off into the creek-ouch. Now it is time to HillBilly Up!

geogeorge
09-24-2006, 12:37 PM
Josh L took the win and the class for the seson. Good job you erned it that is for sure. Rodney was flying untill the creek section and did a nice half twist with a tuck and roll dismount. I score it a 10. Yes I got up close a personal with a tree and did in the stem on the 07 and F*** my wrist up as well. Tryed to hang in there but just could not keep up the pace.

I think Josh L's G string was riding up on him is why he was going so fast. :eek2: :devil:

I guess this old guy will just have to work on getting in shape over the winter and try again next year. Everyone knows the real men race stock. Non of that make it easy after market stuff for us.:macho

scramblerracer
09-24-2006, 02:12 PM
What a great season for the stock class- it came down to the last race for 3 different riders. There was no blow out wins this year, no contraversy, all of the stock riders all get along, it makes racing in MHSC lots of fun. I don't think the quad or body can handle another year of stock class, but If I change my mind atleast I know that it is a great class of guys to race with. The course yesterday will get my vote for best of the year. It had a little of everything. Later Josh p.s. I tried out the new MSR padded thong for this race and I have to say that it helps to go faster with out the pain. Ha Ha

yfz450xc
09-24-2006, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by ronnie
it was a great race.hey scott do you know if you get class points for a dnf

Dnf only count on the first laps, now if you finished 1 lap and there were say only 20 riders you should get 1 point.
But a dnf on the first lap with out going through scoring is the only time you will not get points. sorry for the bad luck, sounds like everyone had a little trouble , my buddy tommy came in and got me from setting up the pee wee course to help him w/ a flat and a bent tie rod end.
sure hated not racing but we had to get the pee wee;s set up.
Glad everyone enjoyed it for the most part.
It was a interesting year that is for sure.

ronnie
09-24-2006, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by yfz450xc
Dnf only count on the first laps, now if you finished 1 lap and there were say only 20 riders you should get 1 point.
But a dnf on the first lap with out going through scoring is the only time you will not get points. sorry for the bad luck, sounds like everyone had a little trouble , my buddy tommy came in and got me from setting up the pee wee course to help him w/ a flat and a bent tie rod end.
sure hated not racing but we had to get the pee wee;s set up.
Glad everyone enjoyed it for the most part.
It was a interesting year that is for sure.
Scott:D i finished todd did not finish and i wanted to know if he got points .

yfz450xc
09-24-2006, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by ronnie
i finished todd did not finish and i wanted to know if he got points .

Depends on how many people were in the class and if he at least scored 1 time, but if he didnt make one lap and didnt go through the scoring lane on his bike then no.
bottom line is you have to complete " 1 " lap and go through scoring to get any points.
Scott :)