PDA

View Full Version : Fox Float Shocks for 88 250R?

RacinRed
09-11-2006, 03:43 AM
Hello; I'm new to this forum, but I was hoping someone could help me with a question pertaining shocks.

I ride an 88' TRX 250R, and as of now, I'm wanting to swap out my stock front shocks for a new set. I primarily ride in the sand, and I have had my eye on the newer Fox Float Air Shocks. These shocks weigh a few pounds less, and I love the looks, so I was hoping someone out there has some experience with this setup.

I contacted Fox concerning this issue, and the Fox Float's spec'd for the 400EX is nearly identical in eye to eye length, and the guy I talked to said he had heard of some other 250R guys running these shocks. Here's the downside; Fox will only warranty these shocks for 90 days if I were to buy them, considering they don't make an "applicable" version for my bike. But, I'm still very interested in this setup, so I'm hoping some other 250R rider has a set, or has some experience that could help me out - the more information the better.

Thanks a lot - Brian

zedicus00
09-11-2006, 07:38 AM
they are a big hit on planet sand. peeple love them, and beet the heck out of them and they hold up great. i was going to go with thouse or marvin shaws but i couldnt find a fox float that would work on the rear so i went with marvin shaws all the way around. iether way you will be very happy with them.

RacinRed
09-11-2006, 02:47 PM
Thanks, Zedicus. Anyone else have any feedback or direct input? How about links to past threads? I just want to read up more & make sure everything is cool before I drop $600.00 on these shocks.

Thanks - Brian

RacinRed
09-13-2006, 05:08 PM
I was just hoping to hear from someone else concerning the Fox Float Air's - can anyone else chime in?

Zedicus - could you expand a bit on your post; I really want to hear more about these shocks before I buy them, so anymore info would be wonderful.

Thanks so much - Brian

Aceman
09-13-2006, 06:15 PM
After reading Zedicus' post why don't you register on planetsand.com and ask for yourself?

RacinRed
09-13-2006, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by Aceman
After reading Zedicus' post why don't you register on planetsand.com and ask for yourself?

Thanks for the post, Tony. Actually, I had no idea there was a "planetsand.com" - I had no way of knowing what Zedicus was referring to. Now that I know, I'll be sure to post there.

Thanks - Brain