PDA

View Full Version : Can't Figure Out Which Cam I Have BHR8 etched in it

pitchblack400
09-10-2006, 08:19 PM
A buddy of mine owed me 40 bux and he owned a 400ex a while back and he had a cam that the guy had for it but never used it. And he told me that he would just give me the cam for the money, it was in a hot cam stage 2 box. And i wanted to make sure thats what it was. The cam has the hot cam symbol right in the middle of it, atleast i think thats what it is. Its a little bulb looking symbol with a few small trianles under it. And the cam says BHR 8 on the end of it. Ive did searches and all, and i looked for the part number on the box and its not on it. I read the big thread on in the "How To" section with no answer. So if anyone could reassure me of what cam this is i would greatly appreciate it.

And if this is a hot cam stage 2, as far as i can tell from reading, i could put it in my stock motor with pipe,jets.and filter, it will just have alot of top end performance and no low end grunt right? But i can go back and put in a high compression piston and make everything right in it?

400eXr1d3rZ
09-10-2006, 08:55 PM
I have my cam still in a box, I took it out and looked at it, I didn't see a BHR 8 on it. Right near the handle looking thing where the bolts go, it should say HotCams on it.

pitchblack400
09-11-2006, 05:51 AM
It doesn't say that on it. But it doesn't have those little symbols in the middle of it, like on the shaft part. It was bought back in 03 or 02 dont know if that makes any difference on it or not.

EDIT:

Well now he just brought me some more stuff that was in the box before that he had took out.
It says Hot Cams Card
Part number XR400S2-A
TRX400S2-A
Intake
Lift : 8.85 Lobe Center 106
Duration @ 1mm 254
Valve Lash : .13mm

Exhaust
Lift : 8.60
Lobe Center : 107
Duration @ 1mm: 254
Valve Lash .15mm

I guess it a stage 2 iono why it doesn't say hotcams on the end of it tho.