PDA

View Full Version : 200-300cc 13-15 Youth Production Class in the GNCC Series for 2007

Pappy
09-10-2006, 07:09 PM
200-300cc Youth production in the GNCC Series for 2007
I was asked by several people this weekend to get an email campaign started to have a 200cc-300cc 13-15 Youth Production Class included in the series for 2007.

If you would be so kind to take a few minutes to send an email requesting this class we would appreciate it.

Please send the email to carrie@racerxill.com

Thank you in advance

Pappy

bradley300
09-11-2006, 08:49 AM
pappy, if i'm not mistaken, the issue with a youth production class at the gncc is they cannont be on the same track with the big quads. so there is no time for them, unless they can race with the minis, which dosent seem right ( to me at least, maybe i'm the only one)

Pappy
09-11-2006, 08:53 AM
I dont know how they would run it, all I was asked is to try and get some support for it so it would be considered.

I believe it would be a very very large class as that age range is begging for something to be offered to them

renae
09-11-2006, 02:00 PM
I have talked to Carrie Jo many times on this and she is dead against the issue. She told me that she doesn't want the kids out there with the big guys because they get pushy and she is afraid that one of them would get hurt.

Pappy
09-11-2006, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by renae
I have talked to Carrie Jo many times on this and she is dead against the issue. She told me that she doesn't want the kids out there with the big guys because they get pushy and she is afraid that one of them would get hurt.

I dont know who is against it or for it, all i know is that i was asked to spread the word. I would be against them running with the morning class (I dont even like racing when C class is on the course:chinese: )

There is plenty of time to get this class in, if they want numbers to grow they will find a way. If not they will be losing riders that will stay home and race the new 200cc-300cc classes popping up all over the place.

mills_racing
09-14-2006, 03:42 PM
just posted on GNCC's website there will be that class in the morning at powline park and the ironman .

troyleepred719
09-25-2006, 07:44 AM
if they cant race on the same track, why dont they have a stagger start for the youth, so that theyre not running with the big guys.....

mills_racing
09-25-2006, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by troyleepred719
if they cant race on the same track, why dont they have a stagger start for the youth, so that theyre not running with the big guys.....

what are you talking about? they are running the same track

SwainRacing
10-13-2006, 06:56 PM
What line did this class start on at the race? I hope they were at the back of the morning class. As much as I would like to see my kids race at a GNCC in this class, There is no way I would let them start unless it was at the back, and then I would still have to think about it. I know how a lot of the morning riders race. I have had some idots try and rum my atv over when I was in a back up and could not move.

mills_racing
10-13-2006, 08:57 PM
They was the back role behind the first year racer classes.

angelon400ex
10-14-2006, 11:15 AM
Hope this question doesn't seem too dumb but just wondering how they are getting around the age restrictions on those machines? Personally I don't have a problem at all with my son racing a full size machine. He is 14, 5'10", 160 lbs, very strong and can ride and jump my Predator. However I know NC has buckled down on their laws about underage atvers...He would be thrilled to race next year but would only be able to do NC and SC probably right now. We are trying to make plans now if that class does become part of the 2007 season to move him from his 250EX to our 300EX. Thanks for any input. I just want to make sure I am not getting his hopes up for nothing.

yfz450xc
10-15-2006, 06:45 AM
Perhaps we run them on a shorted time, ie.. have them start last in line and let them run the full course for say 1 lap or 30 minutes then pull them off, by the time all the big quads come around they will be getting off the course .
They do this with our MHSC bike seires and it seems to work, they run them for 1 hour same course and pull them off.
We all know the age requirements stink no doubt , and we all see how riders at the age of 13 or 14 are faster than even some of the beginners.
It is a shame we so have so many production quads out there not allowed to race.
Scott :D

mills_racing
10-15-2006, 06:04 PM
that wouldnt work out to well i wouldnt think on letting them run for 30 mins. let them run the full 2 hour, it wouldnt be worth driving hundreds of miles to race for 30 mins. From the looks of it a few of those riders is holding there own very well from the results at crawfordsville.

racerxxx
10-25-2006, 02:38 PM
im 100% for the class my son has been waiting for this for 2 yrs now and he loves it he raced it in district 5 ama and has won many and finished in the top 20 overall!!!!!! 7th at pwerline park and won the ironman so i say let them run..........

angelon400ex
10-25-2006, 06:57 PM
My son is very excited. I wonder when they will announce their decision. Someone told me that they get around the age laws by it being a closed circuit course vs public land. I just knew the NC laws have gotten real strict. I agree they should get their money's worth and time and challenge and prep for the future by running the real thing! If they are just going to be out there for a short time they might as well be on the mini quads on a shortened track. This is a tough sport and I think they can find out how serious they are willing to be about it by getting a real good dose of harescramble racing :D :D :D :D Besides I am looking forward to racing with my son and seeing who comes out in front in the overall :D

KWIK CHIX RACIN
11-27-2006, 01:00 PM
They are running the 13-15 year old production at all 13 races next year. They are running with the A.M. classes.

hoopd450
11-27-2006, 04:06 PM
thats cool, i think its a good class.

hr15
11-27-2006, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by KWIK CHIX RACIN
They are running the 13-15 year old production at all 13 races next year. They are running with the A.M. classes.

That is a good class.Good luck next year. Have you heard any news about the mini quads? Class structure,# of races,etc.?

kaseakid11
11-29-2006, 06:19 PM
dose any one know the rules for the class yet because i know that 2 stroke mini quads can only go to 90cc when 4 stroke can go to 125cc in the mini quad production classes so is there a limit on this class for say a blaster..or can you bore it out

angelon400ex
11-29-2006, 08:49 PM
I may be wrong but from what I have read and understand, the limit is 300cc.

renae
11-29-2006, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by kaseakid11
dose any one know the rules for the class yet because i know that 2 stroke mini quads can only go to 90cc when 4 stroke can go to 125cc in the mini quad production classes so is there a limit on this class for say a blaster..or can you bore it out

Here is what Racer Productions has put for the rules.

The Youth Production class is for riders aged 13-15, on production-based machines up to 200cc (two-strokes) and 300cc (four-strokes). The class mirrors the Youth Production class utilized in the ATVA National Motocross Series for the last few seasons.

A few special rules apply for this class. ATVs can not have their displacement reduced to fit the 200cc or 300cc limits (400cc or 450cc ATVs can not be de-bored or de-stroked in order to race the class).

All machines must follow the GNCC Production Rule: OEM motor and matching frame combination model required. Engine modifications, frame reinforcements and frame modifications to permit longer rear-wheel travel are permitted.

I hope this helps you. My son will be racing a few races on his blaster not sure which ones yet.

kaseakid11
11-30-2006, 04:48 PM
ok thank you hope to see you at a few races

m.h.s.c.#527
02-10-2007, 11:09 PM
weve got it but i cant race n e way they took seymour off the schedule. thanks pappy i think u where a big influence on there decision