PDA

View Full Version : Variety riders d-17 HS at Buffalo pit

mac75
09-10-2006, 05:33 PM
Just letting everybody know that Variety riders is running Quads this year year. i've been working on the corse for a couple of weeks and its looking great.m We are runnin 1 1/2 hrs and the course is looking great. Its going to be long and rough I promise not to let you guys of too easy.

forgiven
09-10-2006, 05:40 PM
I am going to be there for sure!

mac75
09-10-2006, 05:48 PM
trying to throw everything at you guys. Some sand sections that Gussy never runs. I've got some great woods, the sand track is in and its1.5 miles and whoops that will break ur heart

bansheexcracer2
09-10-2006, 07:52 PM
Are you guys talkin about the races on october 7th and 8th? If so I am running the motocross on saturday 7th and xc on sunday 8th.

forgiven
09-10-2006, 08:23 PM
Next Sunday...September 17th

mac75
09-11-2006, 02:04 PM
This is not Gussy's race , His is Oct 8, We are starting at 2'oclock so u know

blue150
09-11-2006, 08:43 PM
I'm in :D

Hey John of corse you made it rough :cool: you aren't riding it:blah:

Can't wate

Hey why didn't you race last sunday?

mac75
09-12-2006, 04:52 AM
Spent the day setting up the course. We want it to go over good so we can keep this race.

blue150
09-15-2006, 09:17 AM
Hey John, who's the track after all the rain?

mac75
09-16-2006, 07:38 AM
perfect!! NO JOKE. THERE IS SOME STANDING WATER BUT EVERYTHING IS TACKY.

shaff107
09-17-2006, 08:22 AM
Honestly this is the only down fall to D-17 .... if i read this right the track is only 1.5 miles LONG ... ? or was the sand section 1.5 miles long ....

IMO ... D-17 could learn a thing or 2 from Casey's XC series they are around 7 - 10 miles long everytime ...

every D-17 track i have showed up to the track is only 5 miles tops .... and the races need to me 2 hours .... if any district riders go to a GNCC they will have to run at least 2 hours if not 2.5 ... depending on how well u run.

Hope you guys have a good race just giving some room for thought.

forgiven
09-17-2006, 10:37 AM
I am under the impression it is closer to 7 miles. Perhaps the sand track is close to that. I did get to see it so I would say about 6.5 if I had to guess

forgiven
09-17-2006, 10:38 AM
Additionally from guys that have riden Casey...they say it is fairly similar...although you will see just about every type of terrain. It'll work you that last 1/2 I am sure.

Kev
09-17-2006, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by shaff107
Honestly this is the only down fall to D-17 .... if i read this right the track is only 1.5 miles LONG ... ? or was the sand section 1.5 miles long ....

IMO ... D-17 could learn a thing or 2 from Casey's XC series they are around 7 - 10 miles long everytime ...

every D-17 track i have showed up to the track is only 5 miles tops .... and the races need to me 2 hours .... if any district riders go to a GNCC they will have to run at least 2 hours if not 2.5 ... depending on how well u run.

Hope you guys have a good race just giving some room for thought.

Down fall to some of these local events is space to make a track and making a 5 mile track is sometimes hard to do.

The other problem is that the Bike guys seem to get the better treatment when it comes to HS...

I think that track today was 5 miles or so, and was actually in my opinion a wide open fast course.

Just my 2 cents...Also we had to deal with wet clay, it was like riding on Ice.

My opinon of Casey, is that they need to do something about the dust. They need to do trail maintenance and could do so much more out there, but do they, Nope....They do have long courses, but they also have the land to do so, it's too bad they can't fix the dust issue they have.....

400exmom
09-18-2006, 02:11 AM
Originally posted by Kev
Down fall to some of these local events is space to make a track and making a 5 mile track is sometimes hard to do.

The other problem is that the Bike guys seem to get the better treatment when it comes to HS...

I think that track today was 5 miles or so, and was actually in my opinion a wide open fast course.

Just my 2 cents...Also we had to deal with wet clay, it was like riding on Ice.

My opinon of Casey, is that they need to do something about the dust. They need to do trail maintenance and could do so much more out there, but do they, Nope....They do have long courses, but they also have the land to do so, it's too bad they can't fix the dust issue they have..... casey has alot more issues than dust~lmao:ermm:

forgiven
09-18-2006, 08:03 AM
I really liked the track and would have had a great time if I hadn't endo'd on the first lap :mad:

I did still finish the race which was my goal after the crash.

Here are some pics of the event. Hoping to get more from other people but these were the only usable pictures from my wife.

http://www.varietyriders.net/page7.html