PDA

View Full Version : Monticello Results

adrenalinefreak
09-10-2006, 05:03 PM
Well, we got in Friday night and I did the unclassified which was horrible and a waste of time and money, but what do you do.

I raced in the Women's C class at 3:45pm. Boy was it eventful for me. Talk about so many different emotions in such a short time. I started out dead last. I worked my way up to first in my class on the first lap. In the back section where it got rocky and stuff I snapped my left wrist really good. It hurt soo bad! I continued on probably due to adrenaline and all that good stuff plus I knew I was in First. I finished the first lap in first. On the second lap I was humming along pretty good. I couldn't see either of the other two girls in my class. They were a pretty good ways back. I can't quite remember the exact location of my crash but it was a good one. It threw me off the quad pretty hard and I smahed into the ground on my head and rolled. I got up and looked for my quad. I got on and tried to start it and nothing was happening. I kept trying to start. It wouldn't start and I'm thinking I am in first come on...come on. The photolady finally came over and at about that time I realized my kill switch has come off...doh....

Then I get it started and I take off...in the wrong direction...I had no idea which way I was supposed to be giong and finally the other two girls had caught up so I turned around and started going the right way. I had caught back up right when you get to the haybails (the finish part) and the clock said 10 + minutes. I was there again. I passed the girl in second and was coming up on the girl in first to pass her right at the second corner and as I go to pass I get stuck. I couldn't get out. What misery!!! I must have been there for a minute or two which we all know is time. Finally a guy came over and managed to give me the little nudge I needed. I got out and was on my way. I caught back up but it was too late we were at the finish. I placed third which was last.

I can't explain how bummed I was and still am. I know I did really good! Especially being on a 400ex and it only being my 4th race but still...to be last, get in first, kill your hand, crash, get back in first and then get stuck.

I ended up going to the hospital for my hand because it was really killing me. Apparently its fractured.

CannondaleRider
09-11-2006, 01:33 AM
Thats horrible.

I think every racer has at least one bad/crazy story from this weekend.

I got less then a lap in, in Unclassified, and completely fried my clutch because of that freakin mud......out for the weekend.:ermm:

Hopefully Pismo will go better for everyone.....at least there for sure won't be mud, lol.

WORCSYFZ199
09-11-2006, 10:06 AM
ha I went down in the unclassified, trying to double through the whoops in the mud (smart idea...) and hit the last one and cased and landed a little sideways and if it was like regular dirt the quad probably who have just straightened out and kept going, but in the mud it abruptly stopped and pitched me off and I landed in the mud, then I decided not to race the Open A, which was a good move I think, but I found out that my quad ran bad and I guess I pulled my neck muscles when I crashed, then I ended up 2nd (out of 2 finishers in the sport A class) and just a little farther down in points, so it was kind of a bummer weekend but it's all part of racing I guess. At least my bro didn't get hurt this year, he actually got a win in the sport-C class on saturday in race 5 when the track was nice right before the rain, better than last year when he broke his wrist overjumping the little step-up.

d kelley
09-11-2006, 02:28 PM
Hey Freak, I saw you during your race and you were riding great! You definitely had a good ride going. That round was really tough on everybody and everything. What happened to you and everyone else who had a tough weekend (including me) really makes me appreciate what it takes to win a national championship in this series. It is a long, demanding road and not just on the riders but on everyone in their families and friends who make the commitment to ride an entire series. The time, practicing, maintenace, traveling and expense can really be challenging to say the least. My congratulations to anyone who makes that final championship podium. Hope YOU recover soon and good luck to everyboby in Pismo Beach!

out4sand
09-12-2006, 05:06 PM
This was by far the most challenging round yet in the series, IMO!!! Like others, it took a huge toll on my quad to even ride both Saturday and Sunday. I'm very much looking forward to the last and final round at Pismo......no mud - YEAH!!!!

QuadJunkies
09-13-2006, 12:09 AM
That sucks Donna!!Im so sorry to hear that :(
Sounds like it was uneventful for alot of riders
speedy recovery girl!
BTW... Did you ever get your pkg from me ?