PDA

View Full Version : Carb Idle problems please help.....

Ncboost
09-10-2006, 05:00 PM
OK here goes.... Ive spent the last few hours struggling over this so I'm kinda frustrated so if i babel a little sorry.

Had a oil leak at the valve cover so i pull it off and put it all back together and let it sit over night so the silicone has time to cure. I fire it up with just the gas tank on it to make sure all the leaks were fixed. And it doesn't idle very well but it stays running and this is normal while its cold but before it has time to heat up i notice the boot between the carb and the intake/head is loose so i pull it off and its cracked and brittle and may have been a vacuum leak.
Since i don't have another one i put a piece of hose to take its place and use a hose clamps on both ends. I help it idle till it heats up and its running like crap and will not idle and if I let it stall its difficult to restart. I also tried adjusting the idle adjustment screw all the way and its not quite enough. But once i get it started and i crack the throttle just more then where the idle is set it stays running but if it stall it takes a little while to restart as if its flooded. I'm pretty sure that I don't have any vacuum leaks and I'm at my wits end and not sure where to start looking. Thanks for some direction in where to look next.
I have a new boot for the carb to intake on order and ill try that if for some reason makes a big difference.

Ill pay pal someone $20 to whoever can help me figure this out:(

02440exkid
09-10-2006, 08:44 PM
i had a similar problem when i had stock carb it would idle good when it was cold but when it got warm it stalled. so i when up 1 size on the main jet and 1 turn out on the air fuel mix and it ran good you might still have to fine toon it tho. so i would richen it up ur prolly rinning lean.. if your not sure if you have a vacuum leak or not you can spray sum carb cleaner around all the air boots to the carb and see if it revs up. I had a pipe, air filter, and stage 1.

good luck

where is my money :devil: lol jk:)