PDA

View Full Version : how to removing rear bearing carrier on 250x

jrkarting07
09-10-2006, 12:22 PM
I have a 87 250x and have to change my rear bearing carrier.. i have the part and everything i just can't get the sprocket off or any of the bolts on the axle it seems like there ceased on there or something... I just need to know how to pull the axle out of the carrier..

JJ69
09-11-2006, 12:01 PM
you just pull off both hubs, take off the big nut on both sides. take the 2 bolts out of the brake caliper and move it out the way
loosen the 2 rear bolts for tightening the chain all the way.
there is a clip on the brake side that pulls off, then gives you enough room to loosen the big nut and you can pull the whole nut and everything off the axle. then you pull off the brake disk, and you should be able to pull the axle out through the sprocket side.. you can leave the sprocket on. you may need to tap the other end gently with a hammer to work it through. dont burr the threads tho!
i just took mine out today.. fried the bearings.. i think i had the bolts in the rear end too tight.

rooster300ex
09-11-2006, 06:50 PM
Use a rubber hammer if possibe. Do not hit it with a metal hammer, unless you have a block of wood to hit with.