PDA

View Full Version : White Bros. quiet core insert. Any Good?

Boone
08-30-2002, 05:48 AM
My white Bros. E-series is too loud for the places that I ride, so I'm thinkin about getting one of them quiet core inserts for it.
Does any of you run one? If so- is it much quieter and did you notice a performance drop after you installed it?
Thanks
Boone 400EX

UglyMotha™
08-30-2002, 09:43 AM
i don't know anyone that owns one but i know they will lower the db's by 5 and to find out whether or not it will rob you of power do this little test,,, start off by sitting straight up then tank a deep breath and blow as hard as you can, and observ, now take you your and and cover 3/4's of you mouth tank another deep breath and blow as hard as you can and observ, which one was easier to do, same priciple with your motor

skemp
08-30-2002, 11:29 AM
I have a quiet core insert that I use when I ride on public land, and it quiets it down a lot. It seemed a little too restrictive, so I drilled out the holes down the center of the core and it made it a hair louder (barely noticeable) but it brought me back up to an acceptable power loss. I am sure you could just take some disks out of the muffler and get basically the same effect, but not have to pay for it. Take off some disks until it is quiet enough for you, but I would also drop a size or two on the main after doing it.

cheetah
08-30-2002, 03:56 PM
I love mine. It does make it a lot quieter IMO, as far as power loss, I didn't really notice that much if any. If you feel it is too loud, don't worry about the power loss you will barely notice it.

300EXrider02
08-30-2002, 04:48 PM
go with yoshimura, not only are they better than wb, but stock not as loud and u can get a t.e.c. kit that comes with all sorts of inserts to make it more quiet....thats wut i am getting, alittle more expensive but awesome, go to... www.motofrugals.com they have a very low price then put in the comments box that u want the T.E.C. option for 37$, pm for more details

Boone
08-30-2002, 07:43 PM
Thanks for all the advice guys, I'm gonna just buy it and run it

Ugly Mutha---It sounds to me like you spend alot of time blowing things. You should try women, they are alot more fun!!

Boone

cheetah
08-30-2002, 08:06 PM
you won't be dissapointed;)

UglyMotha™
08-30-2002, 11:01 PM
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: riiiiigggghhttttt

think about though all you doing is shoving a baffle down your pipe does restrict airflow personally i think it's a was of money you should just left your stocker on there, but before you go out and blow you money take all your discs off except four and see if that brings it down to a tolerable noise level for you area cause according to wb four discs is equivalent to to the stock muffler and does decrease the sound level alot, i just think it's stupid to waste all that money on a exhaust and then go out and waste more money on a quiet core to choke it when you coulda just punched out the baffle in the stocker and been in the same ballpark plus save 300 bucks, what a waste:huh

oh ya boone, all i got to say if your giving your woman a blow job you better find another quick:eek:

kicken250x
08-31-2002, 01:33 PM
that was a good one uglymotha!!!