PDA

View Full Version : Making Headlights work

busted
09-10-2006, 11:20 AM
I am looking into buying a new 250r from one of my friends. I would really like to race with it but I also love to go to the Little Sahara in OK and ride at night. Right now it has an FTZ built 265 motor with the ESR CR ignition system on it. He had tried other ignition systems on it but they did not seem to work well.
I do not really know enough about the electrical to know my options to make this run well, and have the option for lights if I want.
If anyone has any ideas or can tell me what they did I would appreciate it, or if you can point me in the right direction I would be more then happy to do some research.

Thanks

pimpt250r
09-10-2006, 11:57 AM
with the cr ignition, theres no way you can run headlights ,
unless you mounted a battery and it would go dead after like a half hr
good luck
oh is your 265 kit a pv cr cylinder or
trx cylinder non pv

busted
09-11-2006, 07:01 PM
From what I can remember him telling me is that it is a power valve cylinder, but the PV is not functional. I think he told me that most conversion PV motors run off of the exhaust but for this one to work it would have to have a CR crank it??? I am not really sure why, something to do with Nikacill.

wilkin250r
09-11-2006, 08:30 PM
It doesn't have anything to do with Nikasil. It's because it's not a TRX cylinder, it's off a CR250. The CR powervalves work off the crank.