PDA

View Full Version : Powerbomb or HMF full. Which flows better

jrm03
09-10-2006, 08:08 AM
I've been reading threads and have noticed a trend of mating up an HMF slip on to a Powerbomb header. fMaybe I am thinking too much into this, but the powerbomb headers necked down to the stock outlet size correct. This is so the header can connect to any slip on or stock exhaust. Doesn't this defeat the purpose of having a larger headpipe to flow easier. A pipe can only flow as fast as its smallest passage. Please correct me if I am wrong, I am just curious because an HMF slip on or full is going to be ordered in the next week. Its my understanding that the HMF header is consistent throughout its entire length.

400exstud
09-10-2006, 08:45 AM
It is about time that someone finally thought about this. Yes, you are correct in your thought. One reason that people mate the HMF and the PB header is because they bought the slip-on a long time ago and don't want to ditch that.

-copyguy-
09-10-2006, 09:16 AM
yup. the HMF is definitely bigger and I'm sure it'll flow a lot better. But I wanted the powerbomb to help quiet it down a little.

Get the full system from HMF for the best flow.

-copyguy-
09-10-2006, 09:35 AM
I forgot to mention that you don't need to ditch an HMF slip-on if you want to go to their header. You just send the slip-on back when you order the header from them and they change the inlet on it for you to match the new header.

jrm03
09-10-2006, 09:49 AM
I'm still waiting on a reply from FMF on their db's compared to the HMF. Then I will know which way I want to go on the full system. It just made me think why everybody wants power and more airflow but would go with this combination. Noise is a problem for me too.

400exstud
09-10-2006, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by -copyguy-
I forgot to mention that you don't need to ditch an HMF slip-on if you want to go to their header. You just send the slip-on back when you order the header from them and they change the inlet on it for you to match the new header.

Correct but this isn't a free service

-copyguy-
09-10-2006, 05:25 PM
As posted on the HMF forums...

It takes about 2-3 days turn around time from the time we get your pipe back. It is $250 plus shipping to convert the pipe and that includes the new inlet, labor, and the new head pipe.
Mike/HMF.

So yeah, it cost's about $30 to get the slip on modified too. But is it really that big a deal to pay that much?

I probably would have gone that route, but I picked up an HMF slipon at a good price and then found a powerbomb at a good price too. If I could have found an HMF full system to start with at a good price I would have picked it up instead. It just seems that not a lot of people sell full HMF systems...probably because they rock...:D